Begumpet airport fire: AP CM inspects hangar
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today inspected the hangar at Begumpet Airport that was destroyed in a fire earlier this week.
The state government`s Agusta Westland AW-139 helicopter, used by the Chief Minister and other VIPs, and six small aircrafts belonging to the AP Aviation Academy were reduced to ashes in the incident.
The Chief Minister, upon his return from a day-long trip to Warangal, went round the accident site and enquired about the reasons that caused the fire, a press release from the CMO said.
Senior aviation officials and security personnel briefed the Chief Minister about the incident.
A three-member committee appointed by the state government and headed by Special Chief Secretary I Y R Krishna Rao, is investigating the reasons that caused the fire while the Crime Investigation Department is investigating the case from various angles, including possible sabotage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi