Begumpet airport fire: AP CM inspects hangar
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today inspected the hangar at Begumpet Airport that was destroyed in a fire earlier this week.
The state government`s Agusta Westland AW-139 helicopter, used by the Chief Minister and other VIPs, and six small aircrafts belonging to the AP Aviation Academy were reduced to ashes in the incident.
The Chief Minister, upon his return from a day-long trip to Warangal, went round the accident site and enquired about the reasons that caused the fire, a press release from the CMO said.
Senior aviation officials and security personnel briefed the Chief Minister about the incident.
A three-member committee appointed by the state government and headed by Special Chief Secretary I Y R Krishna Rao, is investigating the reasons that caused the fire while the Crime Investigation Department is investigating the case from various angles, including possible sabotage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users