Begumpet airport fire: AP CM inspects hangar
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today inspected the hangar at Begumpet Airport that was destroyed in a fire earlier this week.
The state government`s Agusta Westland AW-139 helicopter, used by the Chief Minister and other VIPs, and six small aircrafts belonging to the AP Aviation Academy were reduced to ashes in the incident.
The Chief Minister, upon his return from a day-long trip to Warangal, went round the accident site and enquired about the reasons that caused the fire, a press release from the CMO said.
Senior aviation officials and security personnel briefed the Chief Minister about the incident.
A three-member committee appointed by the state government and headed by Special Chief Secretary I Y R Krishna Rao, is investigating the reasons that caused the fire while the Crime Investigation Department is investigating the case from various angles, including possible sabotage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside