`Betrayed` Andhra cop shoots woman colleague
Hyderabad: In a love story gone sour, a police constable here on Monday tried to kill his woman colleague and himself. Both are battling for life in a hospital right now.
Police said constable Srinivas fired one round at Lalita in Kukatpally police station, a major subrub of state capital city Hyderabad. Even as other policemen present there overpowered him, Srinivas managed to shoot himself.
Both were taken to a local hospital in a critical condition and were later shifted to Apollo Hospital in Hyderabad.
A police officer said that Srinivas told his colleagues before opening fire that Lalita betrayed him. According to him, the two had a love affair for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir