`Betrayed` Andhra cop shoots woman colleague
Hyderabad: In a love story gone sour, a police constable here on Monday tried to kill his woman colleague and himself. Both are battling for life in a hospital right now.
Police said constable Srinivas fired one round at Lalita in Kukatpally police station, a major subrub of state capital city Hyderabad. Even as other policemen present there overpowered him, Srinivas managed to shoot himself.
Both were taken to a local hospital in a critical condition and were later shifted to Apollo Hospital in Hyderabad.
A police officer said that Srinivas told his colleagues before opening fire that Lalita betrayed him. According to him, the two had a love affair for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'