Bidding date for Hyderabad Metro project extended
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government has
yet again extended the date for filing of financial bids for
the Hyderabad Metro Rail Project till June 7 following the
request of bidders who were pre-qualified for the Rs 12,130
"Most of the bidders have sought extension of time for
filing the financial bid as they are yet to complete traffic
potential studies, financial modelling and other formalities.
Hence we have extended the due date till June 7. There will be
no further extension of the date," HMR Limited Managing
Director N V S Reddy said.
The other reason he gave for the extension of time was
the "model code of conduct" in force for the ensuing election
to the Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy Local Authorities
The companies\consortia that were pre-qualified for the
project include L&T, Lanco-OHL (Spain) consortium, Reliance
(Anil Ambani group), GVK-Samsung (South Korea) consortium,
GMR, Essar-Leighton (Australia)-Gayatri-VNR consortium,
Transstroy-OJSC (Russia-CR 18 (China)-BEML consortium and
The government had originally set April 9 as the date for
submission and finalization of financial bids.
The new concessionaire will be in place by the end of
The ground works of the project are expected to commence
by October this year.
The HMR Project will be completed in four years,? state
municipal administration minister had said in January.
But, with the delay in finalization of financial bids,
the project may get further delayed.
Of the total project cost, up to 40 per cent (Rs 4,853
crore) could be given as viability gap funding by the state
and Central governments subject to competitive bidding.
The Government of India has sanctioned Rs 2,363 crore as
its share under the VGF scheme for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand