Bidding date for Hyderabad Metro project extended
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government has
yet again extended the date for filing of financial bids for
the Hyderabad Metro Rail Project till June 7 following the
request of bidders who were pre-qualified for the Rs 12,130
"Most of the bidders have sought extension of time for
filing the financial bid as they are yet to complete traffic
potential studies, financial modelling and other formalities.
Hence we have extended the due date till June 7. There will be
no further extension of the date," HMR Limited Managing
Director N V S Reddy said.
The other reason he gave for the extension of time was
the "model code of conduct" in force for the ensuing election
to the Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy Local Authorities
The companies\consortia that were pre-qualified for the
project include L&T, Lanco-OHL (Spain) consortium, Reliance
(Anil Ambani group), GVK-Samsung (South Korea) consortium,
GMR, Essar-Leighton (Australia)-Gayatri-VNR consortium,
Transstroy-OJSC (Russia-CR 18 (China)-BEML consortium and
The government had originally set April 9 as the date for
submission and finalization of financial bids.
The new concessionaire will be in place by the end of
The ground works of the project are expected to commence
by October this year.
The HMR Project will be completed in four years,? state
municipal administration minister had said in January.
But, with the delay in finalization of financial bids,
the project may get further delayed.
Of the total project cost, up to 40 per cent (Rs 4,853
crore) could be given as viability gap funding by the state
and Central governments subject to competitive bidding.
The Government of India has sanctioned Rs 2,363 crore as
its share under the VGF scheme for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week
- Mehbooba flies to Delhi as one more killed in Kashmir violence; toll rises to 70
- Atlanta Healthcare introduces military grade anti-pollution masks
- FIFA seeks ban for Qatar, Asian FC officials for refusing to cooperate with inquiry
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan