Bidding date for Hyderabad Metro project extended
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government has
yet again extended the date for filing of financial bids for
the Hyderabad Metro Rail Project till June 7 following the
request of bidders who were pre-qualified for the Rs 12,130
"Most of the bidders have sought extension of time for
filing the financial bid as they are yet to complete traffic
potential studies, financial modelling and other formalities.
Hence we have extended the due date till June 7. There will be
no further extension of the date," HMR Limited Managing
Director N V S Reddy said.
The other reason he gave for the extension of time was
the "model code of conduct" in force for the ensuing election
to the Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy Local Authorities
The companies\consortia that were pre-qualified for the
project include L&T, Lanco-OHL (Spain) consortium, Reliance
(Anil Ambani group), GVK-Samsung (South Korea) consortium,
GMR, Essar-Leighton (Australia)-Gayatri-VNR consortium,
Transstroy-OJSC (Russia-CR 18 (China)-BEML consortium and
The government had originally set April 9 as the date for
submission and finalization of financial bids.
The new concessionaire will be in place by the end of
The ground works of the project are expected to commence
by October this year.
The HMR Project will be completed in four years,? state
municipal administration minister had said in January.
But, with the delay in finalization of financial bids,
the project may get further delayed.
Of the total project cost, up to 40 per cent (Rs 4,853
crore) could be given as viability gap funding by the state
and Central governments subject to competitive bidding.
The Government of India has sanctioned Rs 2,363 crore as
its share under the VGF scheme for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections