Bill on Telangana to come "soon" before Parliament: Shinde
Mumbai: Refusing to confirm whether the Bill to carve out separate Telangana state will be tabled in the winter session of Parliament, beginning this week, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today said the Bill will come "very soon" before Parliament.
"Meetings (of GoM) have almost been completed to carve out separate state of Telangana. After taking opinion from the Union Law department, it will come before the Group of Ministers (GoM) and after that only it will be kept before the Cabinet," Shinde said, while responding to a query on whether the Bill on Telangana will be tabled in the winter session of Parliament.
After Cabinet clears the draft Bill, it will go to the President for obtaining his permission, he said. "Thereon, it will be sent to the Andhra Pradesh Assembly for taking another opinion. I have said that very soon we will bring this Bill (before Parliament)," he said.
The Union Cabinet had earlier approved creation of a separate state of Telangana out of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon