Bill on Telangana to come "soon" before Parliament: Shinde
Mumbai: Refusing to confirm whether the Bill to carve out separate Telangana state will be tabled in the winter session of Parliament, beginning this week, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today said the Bill will come "very soon" before Parliament.
"Meetings (of GoM) have almost been completed to carve out separate state of Telangana. After taking opinion from the Union Law department, it will come before the Group of Ministers (GoM) and after that only it will be kept before the Cabinet," Shinde said, while responding to a query on whether the Bill on Telangana will be tabled in the winter session of Parliament.
After Cabinet clears the draft Bill, it will go to the President for obtaining his permission, he said. "Thereon, it will be sent to the Andhra Pradesh Assembly for taking another opinion. I have said that very soon we will bring this Bill (before Parliament)," he said.
The Union Cabinet had earlier approved creation of a separate state of Telangana out of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash