Bill on Telangana to come "soon" before Parliament: Shinde
Mumbai: Refusing to confirm whether the Bill to carve out separate Telangana state will be tabled in the winter session of Parliament, beginning this week, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today said the Bill will come "very soon" before Parliament.
"Meetings (of GoM) have almost been completed to carve out separate state of Telangana. After taking opinion from the Union Law department, it will come before the Group of Ministers (GoM) and after that only it will be kept before the Cabinet," Shinde said, while responding to a query on whether the Bill on Telangana will be tabled in the winter session of Parliament.
After Cabinet clears the draft Bill, it will go to the President for obtaining his permission, he said. "Thereon, it will be sent to the Andhra Pradesh Assembly for taking another opinion. I have said that very soon we will bring this Bill (before Parliament)," he said.
The Union Cabinet had earlier approved creation of a separate state of Telangana out of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet