Bill on Telangana to come "soon" before Parliament: Shinde
Mumbai: Refusing to confirm whether the Bill to carve out separate Telangana state will be tabled in the winter session of Parliament, beginning this week, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today said the Bill will come "very soon" before Parliament.
"Meetings (of GoM) have almost been completed to carve out separate state of Telangana. After taking opinion from the Union Law department, it will come before the Group of Ministers (GoM) and after that only it will be kept before the Cabinet," Shinde said, while responding to a query on whether the Bill on Telangana will be tabled in the winter session of Parliament.
After Cabinet clears the draft Bill, it will go to the President for obtaining his permission, he said. "Thereon, it will be sent to the Andhra Pradesh Assembly for taking another opinion. I have said that very soon we will bring this Bill (before Parliament)," he said.
The Union Cabinet had earlier approved creation of a separate state of Telangana out of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city