Bill on Telangana to come "soon" before Parliament: Shinde
Mumbai: Refusing to confirm whether the Bill to carve out separate Telangana state will be tabled in the winter session of Parliament, beginning this week, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today said the Bill will come "very soon" before Parliament.
"Meetings (of GoM) have almost been completed to carve out separate state of Telangana. After taking opinion from the Union Law department, it will come before the Group of Ministers (GoM) and after that only it will be kept before the Cabinet," Shinde said, while responding to a query on whether the Bill on Telangana will be tabled in the winter session of Parliament.
After Cabinet clears the draft Bill, it will go to the President for obtaining his permission, he said. "Thereon, it will be sent to the Andhra Pradesh Assembly for taking another opinion. I have said that very soon we will bring this Bill (before Parliament)," he said.
The Union Cabinet had earlier approved creation of a separate state of Telangana out of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!