BJP assures clean admin in GHMC election manifesto
Hyderabad: BJP Andhra Pradesh unit on Sunday
assured people to provide a clean and citizen friendly
administration if voted to power in Greater Hyderabad
Municipal Corporation (GHMC) elections slated for November 23
Releasing the election manifesto for GHMC, the state
party chief Bandaru Dattatreya appealed to the people to
vote for party for a clean and citizen friendly
administration, corruption free system of governance and fast
The BJP is contesting 139 of the 150 municipal divisions
The party would bring radical administrative reforms
and in the functioning GHMC to improve basic civic amenities,
The state BJP President said in most of the major
cities including the city of Mumbai, the local government have
established Advanced Local Management groups (ALM) which were
involved in developmental activities in their respective local
The state party also intends to set up ALMs in GHMC
area to involve people in planning and execution of all
developmental activities in the respective areas, he said.
The city of Hyderabad is expanding very fast due to
a large scale migration of families from different parts
within and outside the state and it was the responsibility of
GHMC to plan infrastructural facilities in developing
colonies, Dattatreya said.
BJP is the only party to have a comprehensive
vision and innovative planning for the city, considered as one
of the fastest growing cities in the country, he said.
Expansion of roads, parallel roads and sky walks to
ease traffic, scientific management of sanitation, recasting
drainage lines, a comprehensive disaster management system,
rationalisation of property tax, a holistic slum development
programme are some of the priority based programmes listed
in the GHMC election manifesto by the Party.
Replying to a query Dattatreya said the ruling
Congress party and Majlis-Ittehadul-e-Muslimeen had a tacit
understanding in the elections.
The BJP leader appealed to the people to support the
party to save Hyderabad from being haven of terrorist and to
defeat the communal politics of the Congress and Majlis as
well as opposition TDP which is also adopting opportunistic
BJP floor leader in the assembly G Kishan Reddy, GHMC
president Ch Ramachandra Reddy and state general secretary
Dr K Laxman were also present at the press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?