BJP assures clean admin in GHMC election manifesto
Hyderabad: BJP Andhra Pradesh unit on Sunday
assured people to provide a clean and citizen friendly
administration if voted to power in Greater Hyderabad
Municipal Corporation (GHMC) elections slated for November 23
Releasing the election manifesto for GHMC, the state
party chief Bandaru Dattatreya appealed to the people to
vote for party for a clean and citizen friendly
administration, corruption free system of governance and fast
The BJP is contesting 139 of the 150 municipal divisions
The party would bring radical administrative reforms
and in the functioning GHMC to improve basic civic amenities,
The state BJP President said in most of the major
cities including the city of Mumbai, the local government have
established Advanced Local Management groups (ALM) which were
involved in developmental activities in their respective local
The state party also intends to set up ALMs in GHMC
area to involve people in planning and execution of all
developmental activities in the respective areas, he said.
The city of Hyderabad is expanding very fast due to
a large scale migration of families from different parts
within and outside the state and it was the responsibility of
GHMC to plan infrastructural facilities in developing
colonies, Dattatreya said.
BJP is the only party to have a comprehensive
vision and innovative planning for the city, considered as one
of the fastest growing cities in the country, he said.
Expansion of roads, parallel roads and sky walks to
ease traffic, scientific management of sanitation, recasting
drainage lines, a comprehensive disaster management system,
rationalisation of property tax, a holistic slum development
programme are some of the priority based programmes listed
in the GHMC election manifesto by the Party.
Replying to a query Dattatreya said the ruling
Congress party and Majlis-Ittehadul-e-Muslimeen had a tacit
understanding in the elections.
The BJP leader appealed to the people to support the
party to save Hyderabad from being haven of terrorist and to
defeat the communal politics of the Congress and Majlis as
well as opposition TDP which is also adopting opportunistic
BJP floor leader in the assembly G Kishan Reddy, GHMC
president Ch Ramachandra Reddy and state general secretary
Dr K Laxman were also present at the press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?