BJP assures clean admin in GHMC election manifesto
Hyderabad: BJP Andhra Pradesh unit on Sunday
assured people to provide a clean and citizen friendly
administration if voted to power in Greater Hyderabad
Municipal Corporation (GHMC) elections slated for November 23
Releasing the election manifesto for GHMC, the state
party chief Bandaru Dattatreya appealed to the people to
vote for party for a clean and citizen friendly
administration, corruption free system of governance and fast
The BJP is contesting 139 of the 150 municipal divisions
The party would bring radical administrative reforms
and in the functioning GHMC to improve basic civic amenities,
The state BJP President said in most of the major
cities including the city of Mumbai, the local government have
established Advanced Local Management groups (ALM) which were
involved in developmental activities in their respective local
The state party also intends to set up ALMs in GHMC
area to involve people in planning and execution of all
developmental activities in the respective areas, he said.
The city of Hyderabad is expanding very fast due to
a large scale migration of families from different parts
within and outside the state and it was the responsibility of
GHMC to plan infrastructural facilities in developing
colonies, Dattatreya said.
BJP is the only party to have a comprehensive
vision and innovative planning for the city, considered as one
of the fastest growing cities in the country, he said.
Expansion of roads, parallel roads and sky walks to
ease traffic, scientific management of sanitation, recasting
drainage lines, a comprehensive disaster management system,
rationalisation of property tax, a holistic slum development
programme are some of the priority based programmes listed
in the GHMC election manifesto by the Party.
Replying to a query Dattatreya said the ruling
Congress party and Majlis-Ittehadul-e-Muslimeen had a tacit
understanding in the elections.
The BJP leader appealed to the people to support the
party to save Hyderabad from being haven of terrorist and to
defeat the communal politics of the Congress and Majlis as
well as opposition TDP which is also adopting opportunistic
BJP floor leader in the assembly G Kishan Reddy, GHMC
president Ch Ramachandra Reddy and state general secretary
Dr K Laxman were also present at the press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested