BJP begins offline registrations for Modi`s Hyderabad rally
Hyderabad: BJP on Monday began the offline registration of participants for the public meeting to be addressed by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi here on August 11.
The online registration, being done by collecting Rs 5 from each participant, began about a week ago, state BJP unit president G Kishan Reddy said.
He took exception to the criticism being levelled by Union Minister Manish Tewari and other Congress leaders against the party`s move to collect Rs 5 from
"There is a debate on collecting five rupees. Congress leaders are sore over the growing popularity of Narendra Modi. Congress needs to understand that small donations used to be collected even when Mahatma Gandhiji and Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan. We are doing this to help the victims of Uttarakhand rains and to make the youth a part of this service initiative," Reddy said.
Objecting to the remarks of Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed that some terror outfits were formed after Gujarat riots, he asked whether terrorism did not exist prior to 2002.
"Was Congress not in power both in Maharashtra and Centre when the 1993 Bombay blasts took place? Did Rajiv Gandhi die of terrorism or not? Narendra Modi was not there then. Why are you trying to mislead people? Why are you trying to distort history? You are a failure on tackling terror," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo