BJP calls for all-party meet to discuss power crisis
Hyderabad: BJP on Saturday demanded that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy call an all-party meeting to discuss the prevailing power crisis in the state.
Acute power shortage in the state has been affecting its development. It has severely affected functioning of industries, particularly small scale units, which posed a threat to their 20 lakh-odd employees, BJP leader Bandaru Dattatreya told reporters here.
Accusing the Congress Government of not adopting proper policies and lacking in foresight about power production, he said Reddy has been only making statements and was unable to mount pressure on the Centre to provide additional coal and gas for electricity generation.
There was a scope of getting 500 MW from the southern grid, but the Chief Minister has failed to get the State`s share from the grid as a result the power crisis in Andhra Pradesh has further worsened, the former Union Minister said.
He asked Reddy to convene an all-party meeting to discuss various issues related to the power crisis.
The BJP has chalked out a protest programme over the Government`s power policy and shortage of electricity which has severely affected industries, farmers and domestic users.
Dattatreya said from August 27 protests would be organised at mandal offices across the state. Protests will be staged in front of district headquarters on August 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state