BJP chief Amit Shah to visit Hyderabad next month
Hyderabad: BJP president Amit Shah will visit Hyderabad during the second week of August and hold consultations with party leaders from Telangana on strengthening the organisation.
Shah would directly interact with the heads of village units of the party during his two-day visit; dates of which will be finalised in a couple of days, Telangana unit BJP president G Kishan Reddy told reporters here today.
"BJP in Telangana would get a proper direction and guidance during the visit," Reddy said.
Reddy said that he recently met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi with a request to set up an AIIMS-like institution in Telangana and got positive response on the demand.
Referring to tennis star Sania Mirza being appointed as the brand ambassador of Telangana by the KCR government, Reddy alleged that the state government has money to pay her, but the maintenance expenses of over 50 sports associations have not been paid for long.
"Over 50 sports associations are to be paid Rs 90 lakh to run their offices. That is not done. But, Sania Mirza is given Rs one crore. We are not against Sania Mirza. Our objection is on making her ambassador. She is a good sportsperson. We support her. But, they should have deliberated on making her (brand) ambassador. They did it in haste. That is our allegation," he said.
Reddy further said that TRS government in Telangana should immediately look into problems of various sections like farmers, unemployed youth, beneficiaries of LPG cylinders disbursal scheme and applicants for Chief Minister`s relief fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune