BJP criticises TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao
Hyderabad: Incensed by a recent attack against them over Telangana issue by TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao, BJP on Sunday questioned his "rationale" in targetting the saffron party and sparing ruling Congress in Andhra Pradesh.
"BJP has been forcefully supporting separate Telangana cause for long. We raised the issue in Parliament too. But Chandrasekhar Rao chose to attack BJP instead of Congress which is not giving Telangana. Why he is mum on Sonia Gandhi," Dattatreya told reporters here.
"Chandrasekhar Rao says we (BJP) are like a new beggar. You (TRS) are an old beggar. What did you achieve in the 11 years of existence of your party," he asked.
The former union minister was responding to the indirect attack on BJP by Chandrasekhar Rao at the TRS foundation day convention last week.
Referring to BJP`s campaign that separate state is possible only with the help of a national party, Rao wondered whether any national party existed at all now.
"The so-called national parties came to power only if a coalition of regional parties helped them," he had said.
TRS and BJP have been members of the Telangana Political Joint Action Committee (TPJAC), but the ties between them strained when they crossed swords in the recent Mahabubnagar assembly bypoll. BJP`s victory was seen as a setback to TRS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption
- Clinton says emails, foundation ties not a threat to her White House bid
- From Olympic glory to jail: Oscar Pistorius' bid to challenge six-year jail term fails
- Piers Morgan TWEETS AGAIN: UK journalist takes credit for PM Modi setting up task force for next three Olympics
- MS Dhoni says it will be an interesting series against `extraordinary` West Indies