BJP dares Congress to seek fresh mandate in AP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh BJP has dared the N Kiran Kumar Reddy government to seek a fresh mandate, citing a "volatile" political situation in the state against the backdrop of ongoing questioning by CBI of YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in a graft case.
Andhra Pradesh BJP general secretary N Ramachander Rao told reporters that bureaucrats and ministers in N Kirankumar Reddy government are shirking responsibility and indulged in levelling allegations against each other concerning the cases related to Jagan, son of former chief minister late YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
As many as 26 GOs (government orders) had been issued by different departments under the erstwhile YS Rajasekhara Reddy government to "help" businesses of Jagan, which are now become contentious and questionable, he said.
"It was not a matter of an individual, but a collective responsibility of the council of ministers," Rao said, adding that the ministers who had not issued any government orders cannot escape from the responsibility either.
The ministers in the present Kirankumar Reddy government (are) trading charges for corrupt acts, while bureaucrats are saying they merely followed the instructions of the concerned ministers, he said.
Demanding resignation of the entire Cabinet, Rao said the ruling Congress government has lost "moral right" to continue in power and Congress must seek a fresh mandate in the wake of "volatile" political situation.
Referring to recent arrest of IAS officer Srilakshmi in connection with a case concerning the Obulapuram Mining Company, Rao said the officer revealed that she had signed and cleared the file at the behest of a minister.
While excise minister Mopidevi Venkatramana Rao, who was arrested in a graft case involving Jagan, says that he had signed the file on the direction of former chief minister late YS Rajasekhara Reddy, he said.
On June 12 bypoll to Parakal constituency among 18 assembly seats and one Lok Sabha seat in the state, Rao said his party would win comfortably.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof