BJP demands action against Owaisi for objectionable remarks
Hyderabad: BJP Andhra Pradesh unit on Monday demanded state government to initiate criminal action against MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making provocative speeches and hurting sentiments of a particular community.
Owaisi, who represents Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency in the city through his party Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM), allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory words against a community while addressing public meetings in Adilabad and Nizamabad districts recently, state party unit president G Kishan Reddy told reporters here.
Strongly condemning the speeches of Owaisi which "intended to hurt religious sentiments," Reddy asked why the state government did not take note of it when Owaisi openly used "objectionable, abusive language and inflammatory words against a particular community."
Demanding immediate action against Owaisi, Reddy said, "The party feels that such speeches tantamount to threatening the very democratic fabric of the nation and divide people."
The party would write a letter to Election Commission seeking de-recognition of MIM for allegedly making an attempt to promote animosity among people of different religions and trying to divide people, the state BJP chief said.
He said CDs containing Owaisi`s "objectionable" speeches would be sent to the state Governor, Chief Minister and Assembly speaker seeking action against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof