BJP demands action against Owaisi for objectionable remarks
Hyderabad: BJP Andhra Pradesh unit on Monday demanded state government to initiate criminal action against MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making provocative speeches and hurting sentiments of a particular community.
Owaisi, who represents Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency in the city through his party Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM), allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory words against a community while addressing public meetings in Adilabad and Nizamabad districts recently, state party unit president G Kishan Reddy told reporters here.
Strongly condemning the speeches of Owaisi which "intended to hurt religious sentiments," Reddy asked why the state government did not take note of it when Owaisi openly used "objectionable, abusive language and inflammatory words against a particular community."
Demanding immediate action against Owaisi, Reddy said, "The party feels that such speeches tantamount to threatening the very democratic fabric of the nation and divide people."
The party would write a letter to Election Commission seeking de-recognition of MIM for allegedly making an attempt to promote animosity among people of different religions and trying to divide people, the state BJP chief said.
He said CDs containing Owaisi`s "objectionable" speeches would be sent to the state Governor, Chief Minister and Assembly speaker seeking action against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy