BJP demands action against Owaisi for objectionable remarks
Hyderabad: BJP Andhra Pradesh unit on Monday demanded state government to initiate criminal action against MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making provocative speeches and hurting sentiments of a particular community.
Owaisi, who represents Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency in the city through his party Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM), allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory words against a community while addressing public meetings in Adilabad and Nizamabad districts recently, state party unit president G Kishan Reddy told reporters here.
Strongly condemning the speeches of Owaisi which "intended to hurt religious sentiments," Reddy asked why the state government did not take note of it when Owaisi openly used "objectionable, abusive language and inflammatory words against a particular community."
Demanding immediate action against Owaisi, Reddy said, "The party feels that such speeches tantamount to threatening the very democratic fabric of the nation and divide people."
The party would write a letter to Election Commission seeking de-recognition of MIM for allegedly making an attempt to promote animosity among people of different religions and trying to divide people, the state BJP chief said.
He said CDs containing Owaisi`s "objectionable" speeches would be sent to the state Governor, Chief Minister and Assembly speaker seeking action against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy