BJP demands removal of `tainted` AP ministers
Hyderabad: BJP Wednesday demanded that the Andhra Pradesh ministers facing allegations of corruption be removed from their posts.
A delegation of BJP leaders led by national vice president Bandaru Dattatreya submitted a petition to Governor ESL Narasimhan seeking removal of the "tainted" ministers from the Cabinet.
"The BJP seeks your intervention in protecting the Constitution - which, of course is your primary and ultimate responsibility - by expelling all the tainted ministers in the state cabinet, against whom the CBI has either already filed a charge sheet or has been investigating," the memorandum said.
Two ministers - D Prasada Rao and P Sabita Reddy - have submitted their resignations to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy in the wake of the CBI making them accused in the cases involving YSR Congress president Jaganmohan Reddy.
Three other ministers have been under the CBI scanner, while two others faced allegations of corruption and impropriety.
TDP also met the Governor and even President Pranab Mukherjee for the removal of these ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates