BJP expresses concern over law-and-order scene in Andhra Pradesh
New Delhi: The BJP on Monday expressed concern over the deteriorating law-and-order situation in Andhra Pradesh over Telangana issue and demanded that the Congress-led UPA government comes out clearly with its view on the matter.
"The deteriorating law-and-order situation in Hyderabad and other parts of Telangana is worrying. Government had given an assurance that they will announce a decision by today evening on Telangana. Andhra Pradesh is suffering due to the indecision of the Congress," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She announced that BJP and its NDA allies will support any bill for formation of Telangana in Parliament and asked the government not to delay the issue any further.
The Opposition party said Congress is indecisive on the issue.
"Not once has the Congress expressed its view on Telangana," Sitharaman said.
She asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to clarify the Centre`s view on the issue.
The BJP recalled in 2009 then Home Minister P Chidambaram had said Telangana will be formed but withdrew his remarks under pressure. Even the Sri Krishna Committee report on the matter has not been looked into, the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31