BJP expresses concern over law-and-order scene in Andhra Pradesh
New Delhi: The BJP on Monday expressed concern over the deteriorating law-and-order situation in Andhra Pradesh over Telangana issue and demanded that the Congress-led UPA government comes out clearly with its view on the matter.
"The deteriorating law-and-order situation in Hyderabad and other parts of Telangana is worrying. Government had given an assurance that they will announce a decision by today evening on Telangana. Andhra Pradesh is suffering due to the indecision of the Congress," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She announced that BJP and its NDA allies will support any bill for formation of Telangana in Parliament and asked the government not to delay the issue any further.
The Opposition party said Congress is indecisive on the issue.
"Not once has the Congress expressed its view on Telangana," Sitharaman said.
She asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to clarify the Centre`s view on the issue.
The BJP recalled in 2009 then Home Minister P Chidambaram had said Telangana will be formed but withdrew his remarks under pressure. Even the Sri Krishna Committee report on the matter has not been looked into, the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II