BJP expresses solidarity with Telangana agitation
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday expressed solidarity
with the ongoing Telangana agitation and asked the government
to give a clear timeline and start the process of formation of
"BJP expresses its solidarity with the agitating people
of Telangana. The government should immediately declare the
timeline and set the process in motion for formation of a
separate state without any further delay. It should not test
the patience of the people of Telangana," party spokesperson
Prakash Javadekar said.
He claimed over 8.5 lakh employees are on strike which
has entered its 9th day.
"The teachers and students have also joined the strike.
Four national highways are blocked, 54,000 road transport
corporation employees are on strike, 65,000 coal workers in
Singareni have stopped working. Advocates and doctors have
also joined the struggle," Javadekar said.
500 cinema halls, temples and auto rickshaw are also
closed, he added.
"This is a raging Telangana against its betrayal by the
Congress which has backstabbed the people by doing a u-turn on
its announcement of December 9, 2009 to start the process of
separate state of Telangana," Javadekar said.
He also asked the Congress MPs who have resigned in
protest against the delay in formation of the state to come
out openly and tell the Lok Sabha Speaker to accept their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Instead of holidaying in Bangkok, Ravi Shastri should have been physically present for high-profile coach interview: Sourav Ganguly
- Freedom 251: Will Ringing Bells ever deliver the Rs 251 smartphone?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 606—Tanushree's plan to denigrate Pragya ends with a facepalm
- India, Congo's friendly relation to strengthen further: President
- Delhi: Dance instructor commits suicide after strangling suspected lover