BJP for bill in Parliament for creation of Telangana state
Guwahati: BJP on Saturday adopted a statement on
Telangana issue at its national executive meet, demanding that
the government introduce a bill in Parliament at the earliest
for the creation of a separate state.
"BJP demands that the government should announce that a
bill for the creation of a separate state of Telangana will be
introduced in Parliament for passage at the earliest," the
The statement expressed disappointment at the "attitude"
of the UPA government in "delaying" the creation of a separate
state of Telangana and said, "BJP believes that the
expectations of the people of the region for the creation of
Telangana are legitimate."
The principal opposition has maintained that Telangana
should be carved out of Andhra Pradesh without any delay and
termed the formation of the Srikrishna Commission as a
"diversionary and delaying tactic" of the Congress.
BJP reiterated in today statement its stand on smaller
states which it claims are easier to administer and helps in
accelerating the economic growth of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt