BJP leader killed in road mishap
Hyderabad: Former Mahila Morcha president of Andhra Pradesh BJP, Vanam Jhansi Rani was killed in a road accident in Mahbubnagar district on Saturday, police said.
The accident occurred when she was returning to the city from her native Achampet. The car in which she was travelling collided with a four-wheeler coming from opposite direction near Kadtal of Amangal Mandal in the district, they said.
There were four occupants in the ill-fated car and two persons including Jhansi were seriously injured in the mishap while two others escaped with minor injuries.
The 42-year-old leader was immediately rushed to a corporate hospital at Santoshnagar where she succumbed to her injuries.
Jhansi also served as secretary of the state party unit. Her body would be kept at state party headquarters here from 1300 hours for three hours, for people to pay their last respects from 1300 hrs and later would be taken to her native town Achampet, BJP party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians