BJP leader killed in road mishap
Hyderabad: Former Mahila Morcha president of Andhra Pradesh BJP, Vanam Jhansi Rani was killed in a road accident in Mahbubnagar district on Saturday, police said.
The accident occurred when she was returning to the city from her native Achampet. The car in which she was travelling collided with a four-wheeler coming from opposite direction near Kadtal of Amangal Mandal in the district, they said.
There were four occupants in the ill-fated car and two persons including Jhansi were seriously injured in the mishap while two others escaped with minor injuries.
The 42-year-old leader was immediately rushed to a corporate hospital at Santoshnagar where she succumbed to her injuries.
Jhansi also served as secretary of the state party unit. Her body would be kept at state party headquarters here from 1300 hours for three hours, for people to pay their last respects from 1300 hrs and later would be taken to her native town Achampet, BJP party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say