BJP leader killed in road mishap
Hyderabad: Former Mahila Morcha president of Andhra Pradesh BJP, Vanam Jhansi Rani was killed in a road accident in Mahbubnagar district on Saturday, police said.
The accident occurred when she was returning to the city from her native Achampet. The car in which she was travelling collided with a four-wheeler coming from opposite direction near Kadtal of Amangal Mandal in the district, they said.
There were four occupants in the ill-fated car and two persons including Jhansi were seriously injured in the mishap while two others escaped with minor injuries.
The 42-year-old leader was immediately rushed to a corporate hospital at Santoshnagar where she succumbed to her injuries.
Jhansi also served as secretary of the state party unit. Her body would be kept at state party headquarters here from 1300 hours for three hours, for people to pay their last respects from 1300 hrs and later would be taken to her native town Achampet, BJP party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured