BJP leader killed in road mishap
Hyderabad: Former Mahila Morcha president of Andhra Pradesh BJP, Vanam Jhansi Rani was killed in a road accident in Mahbubnagar district on Saturday, police said.
The accident occurred when she was returning to the city from her native Achampet. The car in which she was travelling collided with a four-wheeler coming from opposite direction near Kadtal of Amangal Mandal in the district, they said.
There were four occupants in the ill-fated car and two persons including Jhansi were seriously injured in the mishap while two others escaped with minor injuries.
The 42-year-old leader was immediately rushed to a corporate hospital at Santoshnagar where she succumbed to her injuries.
Jhansi also served as secretary of the state party unit. Her body would be kept at state party headquarters here from 1300 hours for three hours, for people to pay their last respects from 1300 hrs and later would be taken to her native town Achampet, BJP party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore