BJP leader killed in road mishap
Hyderabad: Former Mahila Morcha president of Andhra Pradesh BJP, Vanam Jhansi Rani was killed in a road accident in Mahbubnagar district on Saturday, police said.
The accident occurred when she was returning to the city from her native Achampet. The car in which she was travelling collided with a four-wheeler coming from opposite direction near Kadtal of Amangal Mandal in the district, they said.
There were four occupants in the ill-fated car and two persons including Jhansi were seriously injured in the mishap while two others escaped with minor injuries.
The 42-year-old leader was immediately rushed to a corporate hospital at Santoshnagar where she succumbed to her injuries.
Jhansi also served as secretary of the state party unit. Her body would be kept at state party headquarters here from 1300 hours for three hours, for people to pay their last respects from 1300 hrs and later would be taken to her native town Achampet, BJP party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak