BJP leaders to sit on fast to press demand for Tel
New Delhi: Pressing for a separate Telangana, BJP leaders from Andhra Pradesh will sit on a three-day fast demanding that the central government introduce a Bill in Parliament to carve out a separate state.
Andhra Pradesh BJP unit Chief G Kishan Reddy told reporters here that he along with several of his supporters will sit on a three-day fast at Jantar Mantar from tomorrow.
Senior BJP leaders LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley among others are expected to address the gathering at the fast venue over the three-day period.
Reddy accused Congress of dithering on formation of a separate Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon