BJP leaders to sit on fast to press demand for Tel
New Delhi: Pressing for a separate Telangana, BJP leaders from Andhra Pradesh will sit on a three-day fast demanding that the central government introduce a Bill in Parliament to carve out a separate state.
Andhra Pradesh BJP unit Chief G Kishan Reddy told reporters here that he along with several of his supporters will sit on a three-day fast at Jantar Mantar from tomorrow.
Senior BJP leaders LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley among others are expected to address the gathering at the fast venue over the three-day period.
Reddy accused Congress of dithering on formation of a separate Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed