BJP MLA booked for bid to build wall around a religious place in AP
Hyderabad: A case was booked against BJP`s Goshamahal MLA T Raja Singh and 20 others here on Sunday after they allegedly tried to build a wall around a religious place near a roadside in Mangalhat area, even as three police platoons reached the area to maintain law and order.
The MLA and 20 others forcibly tried to "illegally" construct a wall near the roadside religious structure where prohibitory orders are already in place. The mob has been dispersed by police personnel, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) V Satyanarayana told PTI late Sunday night.
"Temple committee members were directed to remove the wall and they agreed to it and the wall has been removed. The situation is now under control. Additional forces have been dispatched to the area to maintain law and order," the DCP said.
A case was booked against Raja Singh, who is MLA from Goshamahal Assembly constituency here and 20 others on charge of trespass under relevant Sections of the Indian Penal Code and other Acts, the senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?