BJP MLA booked for bid to build wall around a religious place in AP
Hyderabad: A case was booked against BJP`s Goshamahal MLA T Raja Singh and 20 others here on Sunday after they allegedly tried to build a wall around a religious place near a roadside in Mangalhat area, even as three police platoons reached the area to maintain law and order.
The MLA and 20 others forcibly tried to "illegally" construct a wall near the roadside religious structure where prohibitory orders are already in place. The mob has been dispersed by police personnel, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) V Satyanarayana told PTI late Sunday night.
"Temple committee members were directed to remove the wall and they agreed to it and the wall has been removed. The situation is now under control. Additional forces have been dispatched to the area to maintain law and order," the DCP said.
A case was booked against Raja Singh, who is MLA from Goshamahal Assembly constituency here and 20 others on charge of trespass under relevant Sections of the Indian Penal Code and other Acts, the senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video