BJP plans programme in Andhra to prepare for polls
Hyderabad: After the `padayatras` of TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu and YSRC chief Jaganmohan Reddy`s sister Sharmila across Andhra Pradesh, now the BJP is undertaking a programme in all Lok Sabha constituencies of the state to motivate party cadres for next General Elections.
As part of the programme `Praja Chaitanya Sadassulu` (conventions to raise public awareness), party`s national leader M Venkaiah Naidu would tour various parliamentary constituencies to hold meetings with party leaders.
Naidu inaugurated the first such convention in Secunderabad parliamentary constituency here today.
Addressing the meeting, Naidu called upon party workers to propagate NDA government`s achievements among the masses and expose the alleged misrule of the UPA government.
The aim of the programme was to strengthen the party at block and village level and to ensure that it emerges as a strong force in the next elections, Naidu said.
After holding meetings in all Lok Sabha constituencies, the party would formulate a strategy to face the elections, he said.
Giving details of the programme, party national secretary K Laxman said, as a part of its first phase, Naidu would visit 16 parliamentary constituencies spread in Telangana, Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra regions.
Naidu would end his programme on April 27 at Rajampet in Kadapa district, Laxman said.
State unit president G Kishan Reddy and former Union minister Bandaru Dattatreya were among several leaders who attended the meeting today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional