BJP plans programme in Andhra to prepare for polls
Hyderabad: After the `padayatras` of TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu and YSRC chief Jaganmohan Reddy`s sister Sharmila across Andhra Pradesh, now the BJP is undertaking a programme in all Lok Sabha constituencies of the state to motivate party cadres for next General Elections.
As part of the programme `Praja Chaitanya Sadassulu` (conventions to raise public awareness), party`s national leader M Venkaiah Naidu would tour various parliamentary constituencies to hold meetings with party leaders.
Naidu inaugurated the first such convention in Secunderabad parliamentary constituency here today.
Addressing the meeting, Naidu called upon party workers to propagate NDA government`s achievements among the masses and expose the alleged misrule of the UPA government.
The aim of the programme was to strengthen the party at block and village level and to ensure that it emerges as a strong force in the next elections, Naidu said.
After holding meetings in all Lok Sabha constituencies, the party would formulate a strategy to face the elections, he said.
Giving details of the programme, party national secretary K Laxman said, as a part of its first phase, Naidu would visit 16 parliamentary constituencies spread in Telangana, Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra regions.
Naidu would end his programme on April 27 at Rajampet in Kadapa district, Laxman said.
State unit president G Kishan Reddy and former Union minister Bandaru Dattatreya were among several leaders who attended the meeting today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani