BJP plans programme in Andhra to prepare for polls
Hyderabad: After the `padayatras` of TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu and YSRC chief Jaganmohan Reddy`s sister Sharmila across Andhra Pradesh, now the BJP is undertaking a programme in all Lok Sabha constituencies of the state to motivate party cadres for next General Elections.
As part of the programme `Praja Chaitanya Sadassulu` (conventions to raise public awareness), party`s national leader M Venkaiah Naidu would tour various parliamentary constituencies to hold meetings with party leaders.
Naidu inaugurated the first such convention in Secunderabad parliamentary constituency here today.
Addressing the meeting, Naidu called upon party workers to propagate NDA government`s achievements among the masses and expose the alleged misrule of the UPA government.
The aim of the programme was to strengthen the party at block and village level and to ensure that it emerges as a strong force in the next elections, Naidu said.
After holding meetings in all Lok Sabha constituencies, the party would formulate a strategy to face the elections, he said.
Giving details of the programme, party national secretary K Laxman said, as a part of its first phase, Naidu would visit 16 parliamentary constituencies spread in Telangana, Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra regions.
Naidu would end his programme on April 27 at Rajampet in Kadapa district, Laxman said.
State unit president G Kishan Reddy and former Union minister Bandaru Dattatreya were among several leaders who attended the meeting today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- France`s highest court to rule Friday on burkini ban
- Casualty rate soars for Afghan security forces: NATO
- Sheena Bora murder case: 20 clips of recorded telephone conversations emerge
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report