BJP seeks Naidu`s resignation following HC orders
Hyderabad: BJP on Wednesday demanded resignation
of TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu from the post of the Leader
of Opposition in the Andhra Pradesh assembly, close on the
heels of the state High Court directing investigating agencies
to probe into corruption charges against him.
A division bench on Monday ordered the CBI,
Enforcement Directorate (ED) and the Securities and Exchange
Board of India (SEBI) to investigate the allegations levelled
against the former chief minister on the petition filed on
October 17 by YSR Congress honorary president and Pulivendula
MLA YS Vijayalakshmi.
The wife of late chief minister YS Rajsekhara Reddy
alleged in her petition that the TDP chief had amassed huge
wealth during his tenure as chief minister.
"Chandrababu Naidu who always talks about corruption
and transparency should resign from opposition leader`s post
in the state assembly as well as from MLAship to come clean
from all allegations. After the High Court orders, the TDP
leaders were trying to give it a political colour instead of
welcoming the court directions," BJP state spokesperson NVSS
Prabhakar told reporters here.
Alleging that leaders of Congress, opposition TDP and
YSR Congress were involved in various corruption cases, he
said, "the common people have fed up with these parties and
are looking towards the BJP which has been continuing its
fight against corruption".
A booklet, which had levelled serious corruption
charges against Naidu during his stint as chief minister, and
published by the CPM during 2003, would be submitted to the
CBI, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion