BJP seeks Reddy`s ouster for shielding `tainted` ministers
Visakhapatnam: BJP`s National Vice President Bandaru Dattatreya today sought dismissal of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for allegedly protecting "tainted" ministers.
Some ministers in the Andhra Pradesh`s Congress government face allegations of corruption, including those in connection with cases involving YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy.
"Chief Minister Kiran Reddy has so far not accepted the resignations submitted by the Roads and Building Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao and Home Minster Sabitha Indira Reddy. This indicates that the Chief Minister was trying to protect the `tainted` ministers in his Cabinet to protect his seat," Dattaterya told reporters here.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi should immediately act and dismiss the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, the former Union Minister said.
Dattatreya also said "the tainted ministers should resign voluntarily in a democratic way and prove their innocence."
He also demanded the ouster of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for alleged misuse of money.
Delhi Lokayukta recently held Dikshit guilty of allegedly misusing public funds on an advertisement campaign to get political mileage ahead of last Assembly polls and recommended recovery of Rs 11 crore either from her or Congress.
Dattatreya said the BJP leadership had removed former Chief Minister of Karnataka Yeddyurappa from the post following allegations of corruption against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report