BJP seeks Reddy`s ouster for shielding `tainted` ministers
Visakhapatnam: BJP`s National Vice President Bandaru Dattatreya today sought dismissal of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for allegedly protecting "tainted" ministers.
Some ministers in the Andhra Pradesh`s Congress government face allegations of corruption, including those in connection with cases involving YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy.
"Chief Minister Kiran Reddy has so far not accepted the resignations submitted by the Roads and Building Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao and Home Minster Sabitha Indira Reddy. This indicates that the Chief Minister was trying to protect the `tainted` ministers in his Cabinet to protect his seat," Dattaterya told reporters here.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi should immediately act and dismiss the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, the former Union Minister said.
Dattatreya also said "the tainted ministers should resign voluntarily in a democratic way and prove their innocence."
He also demanded the ouster of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for alleged misuse of money.
Delhi Lokayukta recently held Dikshit guilty of allegedly misusing public funds on an advertisement campaign to get political mileage ahead of last Assembly polls and recommended recovery of Rs 11 crore either from her or Congress.
Dattatreya said the BJP leadership had removed former Chief Minister of Karnataka Yeddyurappa from the post following allegations of corruption against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka