BJP to launch stir to demand rollback of hiked bus fares in AP
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh unit of BJP
on Tuesday said it would launch a week-long agitation from January
24 demanding rollback of recent hike in bus fares by A P State
Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC).
The party would launch an agitation in the state from
January 24 to 30 demanding rollback of bus fares, BJP state
president Bandaru Dattatreya told reporters here.
The decision was taken in the meeting of the party`s
state executive committee held here today, he said.
As part of the agitation programme, protest rallies would
be organised at district level besides siege of collectorates
across the state, he said.
The party would also protest the skyrocketing prices of
essential commodities during the agitation, the BJP leader
Dattatreya said if the government failed to rollback the
bus fare hike and prices of essential commodities, the party
would organise `Chalo Raj Bhavan` in the second week of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics