BJYM to organise yatra through Telangana today
Hyderabad: Buoyed by the success of Telangana Poru Yatra (struggle-for-Telangana march), Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha`s Andhra Pradesh unit has now decided to organise `Telangana Barosa (assurance) Yatra` from Monday.
The eleven-day march would start from Alampur village in
Mahaboobnagar district, and pass through all the ten districts
of Telangana, BJYM state president Kasam Venkateswarlu said.
The objective was to infuse confidence among the people,
particularly the youth, to persuade them not to take extreme
steps, and to send out a message that BJP was the only party
which would fulfil the aspirations of the people, he said.
The party wanted to tell the youth of Telangana that
suicide is never a solution, he said, alleging that the Centre
and "certain political parties" were playing politics and
exploiting the sentiments of the people.
Former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya would flag off
the yatra on Monday. It would pass through RangaReddy,
Hyderabad, Medak, Nizamabad, Adilabad, Karimnagar, Nalgonda,
Khammam and Warangal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says