Blast at Congress MP`s resort near Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Congress MP L Rajagopal`s resort on the city`s outskirts was damaged in a bomb blast, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place Friday night but police disclosed this only Tuesday. There were no words as to why it was kept under wraps for three days.
Walls and windows of the resort near Madhapur were damaged in the gelatin stick blast. The attackers left behind pro-Telangana pamphlets.
The watchman said he woke up to a deafening blast.
Rajagopal, an MP from Vijayawada, said it could be the handiwork of supporters of YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
Rajagopal has been opposing the demand for a separate Telangana state. He is also a critic of Reddy, who was sent to jail Monday in a corruption case.
However, YSR Congress Party leaders alleged that Rajagopal himself was behind the blast to eliminate his first wife, Padma. They demanded a probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!