Boat with AP minister, MP, Collector gets stuck in sea
Rajahmundry: Andhra Pradesh Minister K Venkata Krishna Reddy, East Godavari District Collector Neetu Kumari Prasad and Amalapuram MP G Harsh Kumar spent some anxious moments on Tuesday when the boat ferrying them got stuck in middle of the sea after running out of fuel.
The incident occurred when the Minister and MP, along with the Collector and an MLA, were returning after interacting with fishermen community in `Hopeland Island` off Kakinada coast, an official release said here on Tuesday night.
The diesel-powered speed boat suddenly stopped in middle of the sea after the fuel stock was exhausted.
A boat from Korangi fishery department was sent with diesel stock and the stranded boat was safely brought to the coast, the release added.
Mummadivaram MLA Ponnada Venkata Satish Kumar was also in the boat.
Hopeland Island, which houses fisherfolks, is situated in the sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth