Bodies of Andhra accident victims given to relatives
Hyderabad: Bodies of the 30 victims of a horrific bus accident in Maharashtra were on Sunday transported to their home districts in Andhra Pradesh.
Heart-rending scenes were witnessed at Osmania Hospital here as relatives broke down on seeing their near and dear ones lying in mortuary.
The authorities brought the bodies from Jalkot in Osmanabad district of Maharashtra to Hyderabad in a fleet of ambulances Saturday night.
They were handed over to their relatives after registering medico-legal cases and completing other formalities. The victims were going for Shirdi in Maharashtra.
Official said three bodies were yet to be identified.
Eight bodies were taken to Visakhapatnam by flight and then shifted to their native places by road.
Bodies of five victims belonging to one family of Guntur district were taken by road. The mortal remains of two victims hailing from Chattisgarh and Nagpur was also transported by air.
Thirty people were killed and 16 injured when a private bus fell off a bridge in Osmanabad district Saturday. Fourteen employees of Tata Consultancy Service were among the passengers and nine of them died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal
- Oops! Bella Hadid's revealing outfits stun glamour world – Watch
- This is the only temple where Lord Hanuman is worshipped in female form
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan reunite for 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'! See pic
- WATCH: What a statement! When PM Narendra Modi blasted al-Qaida - 'Indian Muslims will live for India, die for India'