Body found in temple`s overhead tank
Vijayawada: A decomposed body was found in the overhead tank of Sri Durgamalleswara Swamivarla Devastanam temple here Monday morning, police said.
When some workers went for the routine cleaning of the tank, they found the body inside the overhead water tank, Inspector of Police (I Town) Govindaraju said.
It was yet to be ascertained whether it was a case of murder or suicide, he said.
The body, yet to be identified, had been sent for postmortem.
Meanwhile, the temple`s PRO Achuta Rao said the tank is located on a hill, outside the temple premises and it did not affect the daily rituals of the temple.
All the rituals at the temple were going on as usual and the devotees were allowed to worship there, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy