Body found in temple`s overhead tank
Vijayawada: A decomposed body was found in the overhead tank of Sri Durgamalleswara Swamivarla Devastanam temple here Monday morning, police said.
When some workers went for the routine cleaning of the tank, they found the body inside the overhead water tank, Inspector of Police (I Town) Govindaraju said.
It was yet to be ascertained whether it was a case of murder or suicide, he said.
The body, yet to be identified, had been sent for postmortem.
Meanwhile, the temple`s PRO Achuta Rao said the tank is located on a hill, outside the temple premises and it did not affect the daily rituals of the temple.
All the rituals at the temple were going on as usual and the devotees were allowed to worship there, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know