Body found in temple`s overhead tank
Vijayawada: A decomposed body was found in the overhead tank of Sri Durgamalleswara Swamivarla Devastanam temple here Monday morning, police said.
When some workers went for the routine cleaning of the tank, they found the body inside the overhead water tank, Inspector of Police (I Town) Govindaraju said.
It was yet to be ascertained whether it was a case of murder or suicide, he said.
The body, yet to be identified, had been sent for postmortem.
Meanwhile, the temple`s PRO Achuta Rao said the tank is located on a hill, outside the temple premises and it did not affect the daily rituals of the temple.
All the rituals at the temple were going on as usual and the devotees were allowed to worship there, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery