Body of jawan killed in Kashmir flown to Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The body of a soldier killed in a militant attack in Jammu and Kashmir was flown in here Thursday.
Senior army officials paid their tributes to M. Yadaiah at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. The officers laid wreath and the defence personnel saluted the martyr.
Leaders of various political parties also paid tributes to Yadaiah. The body was later taken to his native village in Mahabubnagar district, about 90 km from here.
The last rites will be performed later in the day with military honours.
The 28-year-old from Kondareddypalle village in Kalvakurti mandal of Mahabubnagar district was among eight soldiers killed when the militants ambushed an army convoy on the outskirts of Srinagar Monday. Nineteen others were injured in the attack.
Yadaiah is survived by his wife, two daughters and parents.
The only breadwinner of the poor family, Yadaiah joined the army in 2003 and served in Goa and Assam prior to being posted in Kashmir a year ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state