Body of jawan killed in Kashmir flown to Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The body of a soldier killed in a militant attack in Jammu and Kashmir was flown in here Thursday.
Senior army officials paid their tributes to M. Yadaiah at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. The officers laid wreath and the defence personnel saluted the martyr.
Leaders of various political parties also paid tributes to Yadaiah. The body was later taken to his native village in Mahabubnagar district, about 90 km from here.
The last rites will be performed later in the day with military honours.
The 28-year-old from Kondareddypalle village in Kalvakurti mandal of Mahabubnagar district was among eight soldiers killed when the militants ambushed an army convoy on the outskirts of Srinagar Monday. Nineteen others were injured in the attack.
Yadaiah is survived by his wife, two daughters and parents.
The only breadwinner of the poor family, Yadaiah joined the army in 2003 and served in Goa and Assam prior to being posted in Kashmir a year ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II