Body of jawan killed in Kashmir flown to Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The body of a soldier killed in a militant attack in Jammu and Kashmir was flown in here Thursday.
Senior army officials paid their tributes to M. Yadaiah at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. The officers laid wreath and the defence personnel saluted the martyr.
Leaders of various political parties also paid tributes to Yadaiah. The body was later taken to his native village in Mahabubnagar district, about 90 km from here.
The last rites will be performed later in the day with military honours.
The 28-year-old from Kondareddypalle village in Kalvakurti mandal of Mahabubnagar district was among eight soldiers killed when the militants ambushed an army convoy on the outskirts of Srinagar Monday. Nineteen others were injured in the attack.
Yadaiah is survived by his wife, two daughters and parents.
The only breadwinner of the poor family, Yadaiah joined the army in 2003 and served in Goa and Assam prior to being posted in Kashmir a year ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!