Body of jawan killed in Kashmir flown to Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The body of a soldier killed in a militant attack in Jammu and Kashmir was flown in here Thursday.
Senior army officials paid their tributes to M. Yadaiah at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. The officers laid wreath and the defence personnel saluted the martyr.
Leaders of various political parties also paid tributes to Yadaiah. The body was later taken to his native village in Mahabubnagar district, about 90 km from here.
The last rites will be performed later in the day with military honours.
The 28-year-old from Kondareddypalle village in Kalvakurti mandal of Mahabubnagar district was among eight soldiers killed when the militants ambushed an army convoy on the outskirts of Srinagar Monday. Nineteen others were injured in the attack.
Yadaiah is survived by his wife, two daughters and parents.
The only breadwinner of the poor family, Yadaiah joined the army in 2003 and served in Goa and Assam prior to being posted in Kashmir a year ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured