Bomb hoax call disrupts train services in AP
Hyderabad: A series of anonymous calls stating that bombs have been planted on railway tracks disrupted train services in three districts of Telangana region on Saturday.
At least eight anonymous calls, which later turned out to be hoax, were received by the authorities saying bombs have been planted on the tracks at Ranga Reddy, Warangal and
Adilabad districts, railway officials said.
Seven passenger trains were held up for more than four hours at different stations, they said.
"Passenger trains were held up at various stations following the calls. We informed the local police and after a thorough checking, no bombs were found on the tracks. All the
anonymous calls turned out to be a hoax," a senior South Central Railway official told a news agency.
Local trains plying on certain routes between Hyderabad and Secunderabad were cancelled apprehending trouble in view of Osmania University students` `Chalo Assembly` call in protest against the recent police action on the campus.
With the Telangana students unions threatening to lay siege to the Assembly demanding resignation of all elected representatives from the region over the statehood issue, over
20,000 policemen including those from paramilitary forces were deployed across the state capital to thwart their attempts to take out the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...