Breach of privilege notice against Jagan Reddy`s daily in AP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Legislature Secretariat tonight issued a breach of privilege notice to Telugu daily `Sakshi` over a report containing allegations against the office of Deputy Speaker of state Assembly.
The daily is owned by Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, and is a mouthpiece of his YSR Congress party.
Last week it had reported on a statement of former MP and YSRC Central Governing Council member M V Mysura Reddy, alleging that the office of the Deputy Speaker was being misused for political purposes.
The allegation was made in connection with the no-confidence motion moved by TRS, supported by YSRC and others.
Taking a strong objection to the report, Deputy Speaker Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka lodged a complaint with Speaker Nadendla Manohar.
The Speaker, taking a serious view, directed the Legislature Secretariat to issue a notice to Sakshi.
Accordingly, Legislature Secretary S Raja Sadaram sent the notice to Sakshi tonight seeking an explanation, Assembly sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites