Breach of privilege notice against Jagan Reddy`s daily in AP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Legislature Secretariat tonight issued a breach of privilege notice to Telugu daily `Sakshi` over a report containing allegations against the office of Deputy Speaker of state Assembly.
The daily is owned by Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, and is a mouthpiece of his YSR Congress party.
Last week it had reported on a statement of former MP and YSRC Central Governing Council member M V Mysura Reddy, alleging that the office of the Deputy Speaker was being misused for political purposes.
The allegation was made in connection with the no-confidence motion moved by TRS, supported by YSRC and others.
Taking a strong objection to the report, Deputy Speaker Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka lodged a complaint with Speaker Nadendla Manohar.
The Speaker, taking a serious view, directed the Legislature Secretariat to issue a notice to Sakshi.
Accordingly, Legislature Secretary S Raja Sadaram sent the notice to Sakshi tonight seeking an explanation, Assembly sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India