Breach of privilege notice against Jagan Reddy`s daily in AP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Legislature Secretariat tonight issued a breach of privilege notice to Telugu daily `Sakshi` over a report containing allegations against the office of Deputy Speaker of state Assembly.
The daily is owned by Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, and is a mouthpiece of his YSR Congress party.
Last week it had reported on a statement of former MP and YSRC Central Governing Council member M V Mysura Reddy, alleging that the office of the Deputy Speaker was being misused for political purposes.
The allegation was made in connection with the no-confidence motion moved by TRS, supported by YSRC and others.
Taking a strong objection to the report, Deputy Speaker Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka lodged a complaint with Speaker Nadendla Manohar.
The Speaker, taking a serious view, directed the Legislature Secretariat to issue a notice to Sakshi.
Accordingly, Legislature Secretary S Raja Sadaram sent the notice to Sakshi tonight seeking an explanation, Assembly sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America