Breach of privilege notice against Jagan Reddy`s daily in AP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Legislature Secretariat tonight issued a breach of privilege notice to Telugu daily `Sakshi` over a report containing allegations against the office of Deputy Speaker of state Assembly.
The daily is owned by Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, and is a mouthpiece of his YSR Congress party.
Last week it had reported on a statement of former MP and YSRC Central Governing Council member M V Mysura Reddy, alleging that the office of the Deputy Speaker was being misused for political purposes.
The allegation was made in connection with the no-confidence motion moved by TRS, supported by YSRC and others.
Taking a strong objection to the report, Deputy Speaker Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka lodged a complaint with Speaker Nadendla Manohar.
The Speaker, taking a serious view, directed the Legislature Secretariat to issue a notice to Sakshi.
Accordingly, Legislature Secretary S Raja Sadaram sent the notice to Sakshi tonight seeking an explanation, Assembly sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya