Breach of privilege notice against Jagan Reddy`s daily in AP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Legislature Secretariat tonight issued a breach of privilege notice to Telugu daily `Sakshi` over a report containing allegations against the office of Deputy Speaker of state Assembly.
The daily is owned by Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, and is a mouthpiece of his YSR Congress party.
Last week it had reported on a statement of former MP and YSRC Central Governing Council member M V Mysura Reddy, alleging that the office of the Deputy Speaker was being misused for political purposes.
The allegation was made in connection with the no-confidence motion moved by TRS, supported by YSRC and others.
Taking a strong objection to the report, Deputy Speaker Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka lodged a complaint with Speaker Nadendla Manohar.
The Speaker, taking a serious view, directed the Legislature Secretariat to issue a notice to Sakshi.
Accordingly, Legislature Secretary S Raja Sadaram sent the notice to Sakshi tonight seeking an explanation, Assembly sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard