Bus mows down three students in AP
Hyderabad: Three students were mowed down
on Thursday by a speeding state transport bus in Anantapur district
of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The mishap took place around 0900 hours at Nayanpalli
village between Tadipatri and Anantapur when a group of
students were walking towards a bus stop and were run over by
the AP State Road Transport Corporation bus killing three on
the spot and injuring as many, they said.
"The deceased were students of Intermediate First
year, eighth and tenth standard," a police officer told a news agency.
Three others who sustained injuries in the incident
were provided medical aid and their condition is out of
danger, he said.
The APSRTC bus-driver, who fled the scene after the
accident was driving the vehicle in a rash and negligent
manner, the officer said adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal