Bus mows down three students in AP
Hyderabad: Three students were mowed down
on Thursday by a speeding state transport bus in Anantapur district
of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The mishap took place around 0900 hours at Nayanpalli
village between Tadipatri and Anantapur when a group of
students were walking towards a bus stop and were run over by
the AP State Road Transport Corporation bus killing three on
the spot and injuring as many, they said.
"The deceased were students of Intermediate First
year, eighth and tenth standard," a police officer told a news agency.
Three others who sustained injuries in the incident
were provided medical aid and their condition is out of
danger, he said.
The APSRTC bus-driver, who fled the scene after the
accident was driving the vehicle in a rash and negligent
manner, the officer said adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir