Bus mows down three students in AP
Hyderabad: Three students were mowed down
on Thursday by a speeding state transport bus in Anantapur district
of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The mishap took place around 0900 hours at Nayanpalli
village between Tadipatri and Anantapur when a group of
students were walking towards a bus stop and were run over by
the AP State Road Transport Corporation bus killing three on
the spot and injuring as many, they said.
"The deceased were students of Intermediate First
year, eighth and tenth standard," a police officer told a news agency.
Three others who sustained injuries in the incident
were provided medical aid and their condition is out of
danger, he said.
The APSRTC bus-driver, who fled the scene after the
accident was driving the vehicle in a rash and negligent
manner, the officer said adding further investigations are on.
- Uttarakhand fire: TMC gives adjournment notice in LS
- S Korea warns of citizens' potential abduction by North
- Karan Johar’s Dharma production hints at first ever love franchise
- India's manufacturing sector growth falls to 4-month low in April
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Four arrested, says Prakash Javadekar