By-polls announced in Telangana
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Thursday announced by-elections in two assembly seats in Andhra Pradesh`s Telangana region along with 10 other seats going to the polls July 27.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Wednesday asked the Election Commission to hold the by-elections.
The court passed the orders on a petition by the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) challenging the decision of the Election Commission not to hold by-polls in Sircilla and Vemulawada assembly constituencies in view of some election petitions pending in the court.
"Now the Commission has decided to hold the by-elections to fill up the vacancies for Vemulawada and Sircilla constituencies as well, along with the 10 vacancies already announced," the Election Commission said.
The Election Commission June 21 had announced an election schedule for 10 assembly seats but not in these two seats.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan