By-polls announced in Telangana
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Thursday announced by-elections in two assembly seats in Andhra Pradesh`s Telangana region along with 10 other seats going to the polls July 27.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Wednesday asked the Election Commission to hold the by-elections.
The court passed the orders on a petition by the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) challenging the decision of the Election Commission not to hold by-polls in Sircilla and Vemulawada assembly constituencies in view of some election petitions pending in the court.
"Now the Commission has decided to hold the by-elections to fill up the vacancies for Vemulawada and Sircilla constituencies as well, along with the 10 vacancies already announced," the Election Commission said.
The Election Commission June 21 had announced an election schedule for 10 assembly seats but not in these two seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing