Bypoll debacle: Cong to appoint fact-finding panel
Hyderabad: The Congress in Andhra Pradesh on Monday decided to appoint a fact-finding committee to look into the party`s poor performance in the recent bypolls.
The party has also decided to hold district-level review meetings to gear up the party machinery for the future.
The fact-finding committee, to be appointed soon, would study the reasons for the party`s poor performance and also suggest ways to strengthen the party, APCC president Botsa Satyanarayana told reporters tonight after a meeting of the party`s coordination committee.
Union Minister and AICC in-charge of party`s affairs in Andhra Pradesh Ghulam Nabi Azad, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, the PCC president, actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi, senior MP K S Rao, former state Congress president D Srinivas and former minister Mohd Ali Shabbir are the members of the coordination committee.
Azad, however, did not attend the meeting today.
The party would organise district-level meetings from June 21 to 30, in which all public representatives, including MPs and MLAs, would attend to discuss the party`s position and ways to strengthen the party, Satyanarayana said.
These meetings will be followed by grass-root level meetings from July 1 to August 15 to rejuvenate the party, he said.
The meeting discussed how to take the welfare and development schemes of government to the masses and also countering criticism of opposition parties, he said.
Asked whether the meeting has identified the main reasons for the party`s poor show, Satyanarayana said the sympathy generated in favour of YSR Congress following Jagan Mohan`s arrest and some local issues were to be blamed for the Congress` poor performance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected