Bypoll debacle: Cong to appoint fact-finding panel
Hyderabad: The Congress in Andhra Pradesh on Monday decided to appoint a fact-finding committee to look into the party`s poor performance in the recent bypolls.
The party has also decided to hold district-level review meetings to gear up the party machinery for the future.
The fact-finding committee, to be appointed soon, would study the reasons for the party`s poor performance and also suggest ways to strengthen the party, APCC president Botsa Satyanarayana told reporters tonight after a meeting of the party`s coordination committee.
Union Minister and AICC in-charge of party`s affairs in Andhra Pradesh Ghulam Nabi Azad, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, the PCC president, actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi, senior MP K S Rao, former state Congress president D Srinivas and former minister Mohd Ali Shabbir are the members of the coordination committee.
Azad, however, did not attend the meeting today.
The party would organise district-level meetings from June 21 to 30, in which all public representatives, including MPs and MLAs, would attend to discuss the party`s position and ways to strengthen the party, Satyanarayana said.
These meetings will be followed by grass-root level meetings from July 1 to August 15 to rejuvenate the party, he said.
The meeting discussed how to take the welfare and development schemes of government to the masses and also countering criticism of opposition parties, he said.
Asked whether the meeting has identified the main reasons for the party`s poor show, Satyanarayana said the sympathy generated in favour of YSR Congress following Jagan Mohan`s arrest and some local issues were to be blamed for the Congress` poor performance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof