Bypolls: AP CM accuses Jagan of joining hands with
Visakhapatnam: Ahead of the June 12 by-elections in Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday alleged that Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy had "colluded" with TDP and TRS to "topple" the state government and grab power.
"Mr Jaganmohan Reddy colluded with Telugu Desam party president N Chandrababu Naidu and the Telangana Rastra Samithi chief K Chandrasekhara Rao only to topple the present government in the state," he said, while addressing a public meeting as a part of election campaign at Gokulapadu village in the S Rayavaram mandal of Payakaraopeta Assembly constituency, about 80 kms from here.
He questioned the resignation of legislators of YSR Congress party, despite the state government implementing welfare schemes launched by former Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
"I am not able to understand why they (YSR Cong legislators) resigned. It is only to put burden on the public by forcing by-elections," Reddy said,
Earlier, addressing the party workers at a booth level meeting, the CM called upon them to strive hard for the success of the party candidate in the Payakaraopeta Assembly constituency where by-elections are to be held on June 12.
He asked the party workers to visit every house in their area and make them aware of the welfare schemes launched by Congress government and try to gain their confidence.
On the occasion, state Congress president B Satyanarayana said people had no confidence in TDP and would not believe the allegations made by Jaganmohan Reddy against the government.
"There is no justification in Jaganmohan Reddy`s allegations against the government when his party had no programmes and policies and was without any aims," he said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Will NEET be conducted this year for medical courses? Supreme Court to pronounce order at 3.30 pm
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for