Bypolls: AP CM accuses Jagan of joining hands with
Visakhapatnam: Ahead of the June 12 by-elections in Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday alleged that Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy had "colluded" with TDP and TRS to "topple" the state government and grab power.
"Mr Jaganmohan Reddy colluded with Telugu Desam party president N Chandrababu Naidu and the Telangana Rastra Samithi chief K Chandrasekhara Rao only to topple the present government in the state," he said, while addressing a public meeting as a part of election campaign at Gokulapadu village in the S Rayavaram mandal of Payakaraopeta Assembly constituency, about 80 kms from here.
He questioned the resignation of legislators of YSR Congress party, despite the state government implementing welfare schemes launched by former Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
"I am not able to understand why they (YSR Cong legislators) resigned. It is only to put burden on the public by forcing by-elections," Reddy said,
Earlier, addressing the party workers at a booth level meeting, the CM called upon them to strive hard for the success of the party candidate in the Payakaraopeta Assembly constituency where by-elections are to be held on June 12.
He asked the party workers to visit every house in their area and make them aware of the welfare schemes launched by Congress government and try to gain their confidence.
On the occasion, state Congress president B Satyanarayana said people had no confidence in TDP and would not believe the allegations made by Jaganmohan Reddy against the government.
"There is no justification in Jaganmohan Reddy`s allegations against the government when his party had no programmes and policies and was without any aims," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon