Bypolls on 12 assembly seats in Andhra in mid-August
Hyderabad: Bypolls to the 12 assembly
seats that fell vacant following the resignation of sitting
MLAs in support of the separate Telangana demand would be held
before mid-August this year, Election Commissioner S Y Qureshi
"We have to do it within six months. The vacancies, I
think, arose on February 14. By August 14 we have to hold the
election, which is a long way off," he told reporters near
Guntur in Andhra Pradesh today where he attended a function
organised by a college.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"