Cabinet fails to arrive at decision over Telangana
New Delhi: The Cabinet on Saturday discussed the vexed issue of statehood for Telangana but could arrive at no decision on the roadmap ahead, informed sources said.
"There was a meeting between the Cabinet and the Cabinet committee on economic affairs. It lasted about 10 minutes," the sources said.
"The main dilemma is that within the (Congress) party, there seems to be no consensus (on the issue). Maybe there will be more behind the scene discussions before a decision can be arrived at," the sources added.
One possible reason why Saturday`s meeting was inconclusive was that Home Minister P. Chidambaram was away in Tamil Nadu.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Urban Development Minister Jaipal Reddy were among those who attended the meeting, presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016