Cabinet fails to arrive at decision over Telangana
New Delhi: The Cabinet on Saturday discussed the vexed issue of statehood for Telangana but could arrive at no decision on the roadmap ahead, informed sources said.
"There was a meeting between the Cabinet and the Cabinet committee on economic affairs. It lasted about 10 minutes," the sources said.
"The main dilemma is that within the (Congress) party, there seems to be no consensus (on the issue). Maybe there will be more behind the scene discussions before a decision can be arrived at," the sources added.
One possible reason why Saturday`s meeting was inconclusive was that Home Minister P. Chidambaram was away in Tamil Nadu.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Urban Development Minister Jaipal Reddy were among those who attended the meeting, presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof