Cabinet note on Telangana in 20 days: Shinde
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking forward the decision on creation of Telangana, the Home Ministry hopes to present in the next 20 days a Cabinet note for initiating the process of carving out a new state.
"We are preparing a note to pass a resolution in the Cabinet. After we finalise the note, it will be sent to the Law Ministry for legal vetting. I hope the note will be presented before the Cabinet within 20 days," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told reporters.
It has also been reported that the Ministry of Home Affairs is likely to suggest Union Territory status for Hyderabad. This would be in line with centre’s previous announcement that Hyderabad will be a shared capital between the old and new state for 10 years, with it resting with Telangana after that.
The sources also said that Vishakhapatnam and Vijaywada are front runners for Seemandhra capital.
The sources further said that the capital of Telangana should be a city with an airport, hence these two cities of Vishakhapatnam and Vijaywada are being considered for the moment.
Meanwhile, a high-level Congress panel will intensify its deliberations with Andhra Pradesh leaders from Tuesday for a smooth resolution of contentious issues on the creation of Telangana.
The committee headed by senior leader AK Antony will hold a meeting with Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy and Andhra Pradesh PCC chief Botsa Satyanarayana tomorrow, sources said.
It is learnt that during previous interactions, various suggestions had come up before the committee including trifurcation of Andhra Pradesh into Seemandhra, Telangana and Rayalaseema.
The sources said that while Union minister Kishore Chandra Deo suggested the trifurcation of the state, party leader Renuka Chowdhary, had in one of the meetings, suggested that the proposed Telangana state should include some areas from Seemandhra regions as they are contiguous and will also ensure that the new state gets a coastline.
Control over Hyderabad is a contentious issue despite the fact that the Congress Working Committee had said that it would remain the joint capital of Andhra Pradesh as also the proposed state of Telangana for 10 years.
The Antony Committee was constituted by the Congress high command to look into the situation arising out of the decision to form a separate Telangana state after bifurcating the existing state of Andhra Pradesh. Other members of the Committee are Union minister Veerappa Moily, AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel.
The decision of creating a separate Telangana has led to continued protests in the non-Telangana regions of Andhra Pradesh. The issue of separate statehood continues to rock Parliament.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India