Call for Seemandhra shutdown Friday to oppose bifurcation
Hyderabad: Protesting the union cabinet`s approval to the draft bill for bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, government employees of Seemandhra have called for shutdown Friday.
Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers` (APNGOs) Association, which represents government employees in Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra), called for the shutdown.
APNGOs Association president P Ashok Babu told reporters that the decision to bifurcate the state was taken for narrow political interests.
He said he did not believe that just because the cabinet had taken a decision, the state would be divided. He said whenever the draft bill is brought, it would be defeated in the assembly.
Ashok Babu alleged that the central ministers and MPs from Seemandhra failed to stop bifurcation bill.
Seemandhra employees of state secretariat here decided to protest against the union cabinet decision while electricity employees of Seemandhra threatened to go on strike once again
YSR Congress party has also given a call for shutdown in Seemandhra on Friday while MPs of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) have called for 48-hour shutdown from Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site