Call for Seemandhra shutdown Friday to oppose bifurcation
Hyderabad: Protesting the union cabinet`s approval to the draft bill for bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, government employees of Seemandhra have called for shutdown Friday.
Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers` (APNGOs) Association, which represents government employees in Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra), called for the shutdown.
APNGOs Association president P Ashok Babu told reporters that the decision to bifurcate the state was taken for narrow political interests.
He said he did not believe that just because the cabinet had taken a decision, the state would be divided. He said whenever the draft bill is brought, it would be defeated in the assembly.
Ashok Babu alleged that the central ministers and MPs from Seemandhra failed to stop bifurcation bill.
Seemandhra employees of state secretariat here decided to protest against the union cabinet decision while electricity employees of Seemandhra threatened to go on strike once again
YSR Congress party has also given a call for shutdown in Seemandhra on Friday while MPs of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) have called for 48-hour shutdown from Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!