Cancel irregular land allotments in AP: TDP
N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday demanded that Andhra Pradesh
government immediately cancel all the "irregular" land
allotments made to private entities and individuals in the
state between 2006 and 2011 in the light of the damning
findings of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
Addressing a press conference here today, Chandrababu
said the allotted land should be resumed and re-distributed to
the farmers, from whom, it was forcibly acquired.
"This is the biggest land scandal in the country. The
CAG report has vindicated our stand on the issue. The then
Chief Minister (late) YS Rajasekhara Reddy indiscriminately
went on a land distribution spree by brazenly flouting all the
rules only to benefit his own family," the Leader of
Opposition pointed out.
The beneficiaries of the illegal land doles invested
huge money in the business ventures floated by YSR`s son and
Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy. "By splurging the ill-gotten
money, Jagan is resorting to bizarre politics in the state. He
is seeking to blackmail political leaders, media and even the
judiciary through his newspaper and television channel, set up
with the illegal wealth," Chandrababu lashed out.
TDP`s politburo member and former Union Minister K
Yerran Naidu separately demanded that the CBI also probe the
role of ministers of YSR`s Cabinet in the illegal land
allotments in the light of the CAG findings.
Meanwhile, Chandrababu discussed the party`s position
in Telangana with leaders from the region in the wake of the
recent by-election results.
"The TDP has made its stand very clear on the
statehood demand and gave a letter to the Centre long ago.
Still, some people (read TRS leaders) are targeting us,"
Telugu Desam Telangana Forum leader Errabilli Dayakar Rao
later told reporters.
The party was discussing how it could counter the
mispropaganda and find an amicable solution to the problem, he
The Forum leaders would soon have another round of
talks with the TDP chief on the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you