Cancel mining leases given to YSR`s family members: Naidu
Khammam: Main Opposition Telugu Desam
today demanded that Andhra Pradesh government cancel the
mining leases given allegedly to the family members of late
Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy in this district.
TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu made the demand after
visiting the mines allegedly given to the family members
of Rajasekhara Reddy at Bayyaram village.
"The mineral wealth is being looted by Congress. Late
Rajasekhara Reddy`s family members are benefiting from this
illegal mining," he alleged, addressing a well-attended
protest rally at Bayyaram.
The former Chief Minister demanded the mining leases be
cancelled and rights of tribals protected.
Alleging that Karnataka`s Reddy brothers (G Janardhan and
G Karuanakar Reddy of BJP) resorted to illegal mining in
Karnataka, he asked why Congress did not take action against
"Congress and BJP fight at the national level. But they
are together in looting at Obulapuram (in Karnataka). Why
Congress is not taking action against them? The Prime Minister
should ban the export of iron ore from the country."
"I am asking Congress President what you will say on
Bayyaram issue. You have given licence to Jindal Group. Your
son (Rahul Gandhi) said he will fight like a soldier against
bauxite mining in Orissa. Why that soldier is not able to set
afoot in Andhra Pradesh?" Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan