Cancel mining leases given to YSR`s family members: Naidu
Khammam: Main Opposition Telugu Desam
today demanded that Andhra Pradesh government cancel the
mining leases given allegedly to the family members of late
Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy in this district.
TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu made the demand after
visiting the mines allegedly given to the family members
of Rajasekhara Reddy at Bayyaram village.
"The mineral wealth is being looted by Congress. Late
Rajasekhara Reddy`s family members are benefiting from this
illegal mining," he alleged, addressing a well-attended
protest rally at Bayyaram.
The former Chief Minister demanded the mining leases be
cancelled and rights of tribals protected.
Alleging that Karnataka`s Reddy brothers (G Janardhan and
G Karuanakar Reddy of BJP) resorted to illegal mining in
Karnataka, he asked why Congress did not take action against
"Congress and BJP fight at the national level. But they
are together in looting at Obulapuram (in Karnataka). Why
Congress is not taking action against them? The Prime Minister
should ban the export of iron ore from the country."
"I am asking Congress President what you will say on
Bayyaram issue. You have given licence to Jindal Group. Your
son (Rahul Gandhi) said he will fight like a soldier against
bauxite mining in Orissa. Why that soldier is not able to set
afoot in Andhra Pradesh?" Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo