Cancel mining leases given to YSR`s family members: Naidu
Khammam: Main Opposition Telugu Desam
today demanded that Andhra Pradesh government cancel the
mining leases given allegedly to the family members of late
Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy in this district.
TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu made the demand after
visiting the mines allegedly given to the family members
of Rajasekhara Reddy at Bayyaram village.
"The mineral wealth is being looted by Congress. Late
Rajasekhara Reddy`s family members are benefiting from this
illegal mining," he alleged, addressing a well-attended
protest rally at Bayyaram.
The former Chief Minister demanded the mining leases be
cancelled and rights of tribals protected.
Alleging that Karnataka`s Reddy brothers (G Janardhan and
G Karuanakar Reddy of BJP) resorted to illegal mining in
Karnataka, he asked why Congress did not take action against
"Congress and BJP fight at the national level. But they
are together in looting at Obulapuram (in Karnataka). Why
Congress is not taking action against them? The Prime Minister
should ban the export of iron ore from the country."
"I am asking Congress President what you will say on
Bayyaram issue. You have given licence to Jindal Group. Your
son (Rahul Gandhi) said he will fight like a soldier against
bauxite mining in Orissa. Why that soldier is not able to set
afoot in Andhra Pradesh?" Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly