Candle light procession taken out to protest Delhi minor rape
Rajahmundry: Over 3,000 women took out a candle light procession in the busy Gandhi Chowk on Monday to protest against the rape of a minor girl recently in New Delhi.
The procession passed through the main road of Rajahmundry city and culminated at Gandhi Chowk, where women activists addressed a meeting and raised slogans against the government`s inaction against the accused in the case.
"When we observe the present situation in New Delhi, it seems there is no security for women. How will the government protect people in other parts of the country?" an activist said.
The protesters demanded stringent action against the accused immediately and arrest of all those involved in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble