Candle light procession taken out to protest Delhi minor rape
Rajahmundry: Over 3,000 women took out a candle light procession in the busy Gandhi Chowk on Monday to protest against the rape of a minor girl recently in New Delhi.
The procession passed through the main road of Rajahmundry city and culminated at Gandhi Chowk, where women activists addressed a meeting and raised slogans against the government`s inaction against the accused in the case.
"When we observe the present situation in New Delhi, it seems there is no security for women. How will the government protect people in other parts of the country?" an activist said.
The protesters demanded stringent action against the accused immediately and arrest of all those involved in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand