Candle light procession taken out to protest Delhi minor rape
Rajahmundry: Over 3,000 women took out a candle light procession in the busy Gandhi Chowk on Monday to protest against the rape of a minor girl recently in New Delhi.
The procession passed through the main road of Rajahmundry city and culminated at Gandhi Chowk, where women activists addressed a meeting and raised slogans against the government`s inaction against the accused in the case.
"When we observe the present situation in New Delhi, it seems there is no security for women. How will the government protect people in other parts of the country?" an activist said.
The protesters demanded stringent action against the accused immediately and arrest of all those involved in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'