Candle light procession taken out to protest Delhi minor rape
Rajahmundry: Over 3,000 women took out a candle light procession in the busy Gandhi Chowk on Monday to protest against the rape of a minor girl recently in New Delhi.
The procession passed through the main road of Rajahmundry city and culminated at Gandhi Chowk, where women activists addressed a meeting and raised slogans against the government`s inaction against the accused in the case.
"When we observe the present situation in New Delhi, it seems there is no security for women. How will the government protect people in other parts of the country?" an activist said.
The protesters demanded stringent action against the accused immediately and arrest of all those involved in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you