Candle light procession taken out to protest Delhi minor rape
Rajahmundry: Over 3,000 women took out a candle light procession in the busy Gandhi Chowk on Monday to protest against the rape of a minor girl recently in New Delhi.
The procession passed through the main road of Rajahmundry city and culminated at Gandhi Chowk, where women activists addressed a meeting and raised slogans against the government`s inaction against the accused in the case.
"When we observe the present situation in New Delhi, it seems there is no security for women. How will the government protect people in other parts of the country?" an activist said.
The protesters demanded stringent action against the accused immediately and arrest of all those involved in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam