Case against Jethmalani for his remarks on Lord Ram
Hyderabad: Acting on a court order, the police on Thursday lodged a case against suspended BJP MP Ram Jethmalani for his controversial remarks on Lord Rama during a function in Delhi on November 8.
On a petition filed by lawyer Mohammed Saleem, the court in Medchal had yesterday asked the police to investigate into the matter and lodged an FIR.
Accordingly, a case was registered under Section 153 A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, language etc) and other relevant sections of IPC, police said.
Speaking at a book launch function in Delhi on November 8, Jethmalani had termed Lord Ram as a "bad husband".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice