Case against Jethmalani for his remarks on Lord Ram
Hyderabad: Acting on a court order, the police on Thursday lodged a case against suspended BJP MP Ram Jethmalani for his controversial remarks on Lord Rama during a function in Delhi on November 8.
On a petition filed by lawyer Mohammed Saleem, the court in Medchal had yesterday asked the police to investigate into the matter and lodged an FIR.
Accordingly, a case was registered under Section 153 A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, language etc) and other relevant sections of IPC, police said.
Speaking at a book launch function in Delhi on November 8, Jethmalani had termed Lord Ram as a "bad husband".
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class