Case filed against VHP leader Praveen Togadia`s statements
Hyderabad: A case has been filed against VHP leader Praveen Togadia by the police for allegedly making inflammatory statements during his visit to the city recently and a complaint was filed against him in a local court on the charge of making provocative remarks against a particular community.
An FIR was filed against Togadia under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for his alleged remarks made against the community during December last year over the Bhagyalakshmi temple row, police sources said on Thursday.
In a related development, a practicing advocate Ghulam Rabbani also approached the 7th Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court seeking registration of a case against Togadia under Section 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings or any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) of IPC for allegedly making provocative statements and hurting the sentiments of a minority community.
"When the city was tense last month, Togadia came to Hyderabad and made provocative statements against the minority community near Charminar and the same was telecast on local TV channels," he claimed, adding that a compact disc (CD) containing video footage of his statements has been submitted to the court.
The court posted the matter to January 8 for taking a sworn statement of the complainant.
The court will record the complainant`s statement and later decide whether to take cognisance of charges against Togadia or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured