Case filed against VHP leader Praveen Togadia`s statements
Hyderabad: A case has been filed against VHP leader Praveen Togadia by the police for allegedly making inflammatory statements during his visit to the city recently and a complaint was filed against him in a local court on the charge of making provocative remarks against a particular community.
An FIR was filed against Togadia under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for his alleged remarks made against the community during December last year over the Bhagyalakshmi temple row, police sources said on Thursday.
In a related development, a practicing advocate Ghulam Rabbani also approached the 7th Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court seeking registration of a case against Togadia under Section 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings or any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) of IPC for allegedly making provocative statements and hurting the sentiments of a minority community.
"When the city was tense last month, Togadia came to Hyderabad and made provocative statements against the minority community near Charminar and the same was telecast on local TV channels," he claimed, adding that a compact disc (CD) containing video footage of his statements has been submitted to the court.
The court posted the matter to January 8 for taking a sworn statement of the complainant.
The court will record the complainant`s statement and later decide whether to take cognisance of charges against Togadia or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal