Case filed against VHP leader Praveen Togadia`s statements
Hyderabad: A case has been filed against VHP leader Praveen Togadia by the police for allegedly making inflammatory statements during his visit to the city recently and a complaint was filed against him in a local court on the charge of making provocative remarks against a particular community.
An FIR was filed against Togadia under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for his alleged remarks made against the community during December last year over the Bhagyalakshmi temple row, police sources said on Thursday.
In a related development, a practicing advocate Ghulam Rabbani also approached the 7th Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court seeking registration of a case against Togadia under Section 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings or any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) of IPC for allegedly making provocative statements and hurting the sentiments of a minority community.
"When the city was tense last month, Togadia came to Hyderabad and made provocative statements against the minority community near Charminar and the same was telecast on local TV channels," he claimed, adding that a compact disc (CD) containing video footage of his statements has been submitted to the court.
The court posted the matter to January 8 for taking a sworn statement of the complainant.
The court will record the complainant`s statement and later decide whether to take cognisance of charges against Togadia or not.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!