Cases against TDP, YSRCP MLAs for "insulting" Telangana Bill
Karimnagar: Criminal cases were filed against Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and YSR Congress party representatives from the Seemandhra region here today for allegedly "insulting" the Telangana Bill.
TDP and YSR Congress party leaders allegedly "insulted" the Telangana Bill in the assembly premises in Hyderabad on Monday when it came for review from the President of India, advocate Bethi Mahender Reddy said here on Tuesday.
He alleged that Devineni Uma Maheshwar Rao (MLA), Dhulipala Narendra (MLA), Vengapudi Ramakrishna Babu (MLA), Nannapaneni Raja Kumari (MLC) of the TDP from the Seemandhra region, G Srikanth Reddy (MLA), Bhumana Karunakar Reddy (MLA) and Shobha Nagi Reddy (MLA) of the YSR Congress party tore and burnt copies of the Telangana Bill in the assembly, to protest against the formation of a separate Telangana state.
He alleged that they humiliated 4.5 crore people of Telangana region and caused agony by insulting the bill.
Disgraceful and remarkable comments by leaders have promoted enmity between the people of the Telangana and Seemandhra regions, he said.
Alleging that such acts are nothing but disrespect to the Constitution of India, the advocate filed a criminal case before the Judicial First Class Magistrate here today.
Based on the allegations, Magistrate Azhar Hussain has referred the case to to Karimnagar II town police for investigation and enquiry, under Sections 153, 153-A, 153-B of the Indian Penal Code, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read