Cases against TDP, YSRCP MLAs for "insulting" Telangana Bill
Karimnagar: Criminal cases were filed against Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and YSR Congress party representatives from the Seemandhra region here today for allegedly "insulting" the Telangana Bill.
TDP and YSR Congress party leaders allegedly "insulted" the Telangana Bill in the assembly premises in Hyderabad on Monday when it came for review from the President of India, advocate Bethi Mahender Reddy said here on Tuesday.
He alleged that Devineni Uma Maheshwar Rao (MLA), Dhulipala Narendra (MLA), Vengapudi Ramakrishna Babu (MLA), Nannapaneni Raja Kumari (MLC) of the TDP from the Seemandhra region, G Srikanth Reddy (MLA), Bhumana Karunakar Reddy (MLA) and Shobha Nagi Reddy (MLA) of the YSR Congress party tore and burnt copies of the Telangana Bill in the assembly, to protest against the formation of a separate Telangana state.
He alleged that they humiliated 4.5 crore people of Telangana region and caused agony by insulting the bill.
Disgraceful and remarkable comments by leaders have promoted enmity between the people of the Telangana and Seemandhra regions, he said.
Alleging that such acts are nothing but disrespect to the Constitution of India, the advocate filed a criminal case before the Judicial First Class Magistrate here today.
Based on the allegations, Magistrate Azhar Hussain has referred the case to to Karimnagar II town police for investigation and enquiry, under Sections 153, 153-A, 153-B of the Indian Penal Code, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail