Cases against TDP, YSRCP MLAs for "insulting" Telangana Bill
Karimnagar: Criminal cases were filed against Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and YSR Congress party representatives from the Seemandhra region here today for allegedly "insulting" the Telangana Bill.
TDP and YSR Congress party leaders allegedly "insulted" the Telangana Bill in the assembly premises in Hyderabad on Monday when it came for review from the President of India, advocate Bethi Mahender Reddy said here on Tuesday.
He alleged that Devineni Uma Maheshwar Rao (MLA), Dhulipala Narendra (MLA), Vengapudi Ramakrishna Babu (MLA), Nannapaneni Raja Kumari (MLC) of the TDP from the Seemandhra region, G Srikanth Reddy (MLA), Bhumana Karunakar Reddy (MLA) and Shobha Nagi Reddy (MLA) of the YSR Congress party tore and burnt copies of the Telangana Bill in the assembly, to protest against the formation of a separate Telangana state.
He alleged that they humiliated 4.5 crore people of Telangana region and caused agony by insulting the bill.
Disgraceful and remarkable comments by leaders have promoted enmity between the people of the Telangana and Seemandhra regions, he said.
Alleging that such acts are nothing but disrespect to the Constitution of India, the advocate filed a criminal case before the Judicial First Class Magistrate here today.
Based on the allegations, Magistrate Azhar Hussain has referred the case to to Karimnagar II town police for investigation and enquiry, under Sections 153, 153-A, 153-B of the Indian Penal Code, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka