Cases against those booked for Telangana stir to be withdrawn
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Friday decided to withdraw prosecution against a number of persons booked for allegedly participating in the separate Telangana agitation.
Government Orders (GOs) were issued by the state government for withdrawal of prosecution against about 40 people, including several prominent leaders of the pro- Telangana students, in connection with the cases registered at the Osmania University police station here.
The state government had earlier said that the cases registered against the pro-Telangana students would be lifted.
TRS MLA K Easwar welcomed the government`s move to lift the cases against the students and sought that the cases against other Telangana supporters be also removed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar