Cases against those booked for Telangana stir to be withdrawn
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Friday decided to withdraw prosecution against a number of persons booked for allegedly participating in the separate Telangana agitation.
Government Orders (GOs) were issued by the state government for withdrawal of prosecution against about 40 people, including several prominent leaders of the pro- Telangana students, in connection with the cases registered at the Osmania University police station here.
The state government had earlier said that the cases registered against the pro-Telangana students would be lifted.
TRS MLA K Easwar welcomed the government`s move to lift the cases against the students and sought that the cases against other Telangana supporters be also removed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...