Cases against those booked for Telangana stir to be withdrawn
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Friday decided to withdraw prosecution against a number of persons booked for allegedly participating in the separate Telangana agitation.
Government Orders (GOs) were issued by the state government for withdrawal of prosecution against about 40 people, including several prominent leaders of the pro- Telangana students, in connection with the cases registered at the Osmania University police station here.
The state government had earlier said that the cases registered against the pro-Telangana students would be lifted.
TRS MLA K Easwar welcomed the government`s move to lift the cases against the students and sought that the cases against other Telangana supporters be also removed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living