Cash-for-bail: ACB summons Reddy`s associate, MLA
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Anti-Corruption Bureau, which is probing the cash-for-bail scandal involving former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, today asked his close associate -- and BSR Congress founder and MLA -- B Sreeramulu to be present for recording of statement.
"Notice has been given under Section 160 of Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC)...Sreeramulu will be appearing before ACB on August 21," a top Bureau official said.
In its remand report in the court after the arrest of BJP`s Kampli MLA T H Suresh Babu on July 31, ACB had claimed that Sreeramulu had called up Babu, his nephew, on April 21. He allegedly told Babu that R Suryaprakash Babu from Hyderabad knew some judges, and was ready to help for procuring bail for Gali Janardhan Reddy, jailed in illegal mining scam.
Apart from Suresh Babu, ACB has also arrested Janardhan Reddy`s brother and Bellary MLA Gali Somashekhar Reddy, who is accused of striking the deal and bribing judge T Pattabhirama Rao (now supsended) for grant of bail to the mining baron.
Pattabhirama Rao granted bail to Reddy in May, but rejected the bail plea of suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi in the same case, on the same day.
Amid allegations of bribery, Andhra Pradesh High Court suspended Rao on May 31, and handed over the case to ACB.
ACB has filed a charge sheet, and so far arrested three serving judges including Pattabhirama, beside eight other persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!