Cash-for-bail scandal middleman sent to ACB custody
Hyderabad: A local court here on Saturday remanded Yadagiri Rao, arrested in the cash-for-bail scam involving former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, in five days custody of Andhra Pradesh Anti-Corruption Bureau.
He would be in the ACB custody from Monday.
Yadagiri, a known criminal from Nacharam area, allegedly acted as a middleman to broker a deal of Rs 10 crore for grant of bail to mining baron Reddy, arrested in the Obulapuram Mining Company scam.
Yadagiri was arrested on July 2, and Rs 3.75 crore cash was found at his house, according to the ACB.
He allegedly confessed to have got Rs 9.5 crore as an advance for fixing bail for Gali Janardhan Reddy.
Yadagiri is the fourth person to be arrested in the cash-for-bail case, after judge T Pattabhirama Rao (who granted the controversial bail), retired judge T V Chalapathi Rao and Pattabhirama`s son Talluri Ravi Chandra.
Andhra Pradesh High Court yesterday suspended another judge, Prabhakar Rao, who has also come under the cloud in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi