Cash-for-bail scandal middleman sent to ACB custody
Hyderabad: A local court here on Saturday remanded Yadagiri Rao, arrested in the cash-for-bail scam involving former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, in five days custody of Andhra Pradesh Anti-Corruption Bureau.
He would be in the ACB custody from Monday.
Yadagiri, a known criminal from Nacharam area, allegedly acted as a middleman to broker a deal of Rs 10 crore for grant of bail to mining baron Reddy, arrested in the Obulapuram Mining Company scam.
Yadagiri was arrested on July 2, and Rs 3.75 crore cash was found at his house, according to the ACB.
He allegedly confessed to have got Rs 9.5 crore as an advance for fixing bail for Gali Janardhan Reddy.
Yadagiri is the fourth person to be arrested in the cash-for-bail case, after judge T Pattabhirama Rao (who granted the controversial bail), retired judge T V Chalapathi Rao and Pattabhirama`s son Talluri Ravi Chandra.
Andhra Pradesh High Court yesterday suspended another judge, Prabhakar Rao, who has also come under the cloud in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad