Cash-for-bail scandal middleman sent to ACB custody
Hyderabad: A local court here on Saturday remanded Yadagiri Rao, arrested in the cash-for-bail scam involving former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, in five days custody of Andhra Pradesh Anti-Corruption Bureau.
He would be in the ACB custody from Monday.
Yadagiri, a known criminal from Nacharam area, allegedly acted as a middleman to broker a deal of Rs 10 crore for grant of bail to mining baron Reddy, arrested in the Obulapuram Mining Company scam.
Yadagiri was arrested on July 2, and Rs 3.75 crore cash was found at his house, according to the ACB.
He allegedly confessed to have got Rs 9.5 crore as an advance for fixing bail for Gali Janardhan Reddy.
Yadagiri is the fourth person to be arrested in the cash-for-bail case, after judge T Pattabhirama Rao (who granted the controversial bail), retired judge T V Chalapathi Rao and Pattabhirama`s son Talluri Ravi Chandra.
Andhra Pradesh High Court yesterday suspended another judge, Prabhakar Rao, who has also come under the cloud in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love