Cash-for-bail: Sreeramulu to appear before ACB
Bellary: Founder of BSR Congress, B Sreeramulu, who was served notice by the Anti-Corruption Bureau police from Andhra Pradesh, on Monday said he would appear before it on Tuesday.
"I would appear before ACB in Hyderabad tomorrow and cooperate with the authorities investigating the case (cash-for-bail scandal)," he told reporters here.
Sreeramulu said he has faith in the judiciary and respect for the law of the country.
Asked if there was any conspiracy against him, Sreeramulu declined to comment.
Sreeramulu dismissed apprehensions that it would hit his party`s prospects in the future.
In its remand report in the court after the arrest of BJP`s Kampli MLA T H Suresh Babu on July 31, ACB had claimed that Sreeramulu had called up Babu, his nephew, on April 21.
Sreeramulu allegedly told Babu that R Suryaprakash Babu from Hyderabad knew some judges and was ready to help for procuring bail for Gali Janardhan Reddy, jailed in illegal mining scam.
Apart from Suresh Babu, ACB has also arrested Janardhan Reddy`s brother and Bellary MLA Gali Somashekhar Reddy, who is accused of striking the deal and bribing judge T Pattabhirama Rao (now suspended) for grant of bail to the mining baron.
Pattabhirama Rao granted bail to Reddy in May, but rejected the bail plea of suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi in the same case, on the same day.
Amid allegations of bribery, Andhra Pradesh High Court suspended Rao on May 31, and handed over the case to ACB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it