Cash-for-bail: Sreeramulu to appear before ACB
Bellary: Founder of BSR Congress, B Sreeramulu, who was served notice by the Anti-Corruption Bureau police from Andhra Pradesh, on Monday said he would appear before it on Tuesday.
"I would appear before ACB in Hyderabad tomorrow and cooperate with the authorities investigating the case (cash-for-bail scandal)," he told reporters here.
Sreeramulu said he has faith in the judiciary and respect for the law of the country.
Asked if there was any conspiracy against him, Sreeramulu declined to comment.
Sreeramulu dismissed apprehensions that it would hit his party`s prospects in the future.
In its remand report in the court after the arrest of BJP`s Kampli MLA T H Suresh Babu on July 31, ACB had claimed that Sreeramulu had called up Babu, his nephew, on April 21.
Sreeramulu allegedly told Babu that R Suryaprakash Babu from Hyderabad knew some judges and was ready to help for procuring bail for Gali Janardhan Reddy, jailed in illegal mining scam.
Apart from Suresh Babu, ACB has also arrested Janardhan Reddy`s brother and Bellary MLA Gali Somashekhar Reddy, who is accused of striking the deal and bribing judge T Pattabhirama Rao (now suspended) for grant of bail to the mining baron.
Pattabhirama Rao granted bail to Reddy in May, but rejected the bail plea of suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi in the same case, on the same day.
Amid allegations of bribery, Andhra Pradesh High Court suspended Rao on May 31, and handed over the case to ACB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!