‘CBI actions may generate sympathy for Jagan’
Hyderabad: The three charge-sheets filed against Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and freezing of bank accounts of his Sakshi media house could be perceived as a "political witch-hunt" in the ongoing election season in Andhra Pradesh, observers feel.
Barring a few leaders in Congress and TDP, several others are questioning the manner and motive of the CBI investigation.
And the bottom line is the "sympathy" that the whole episode could potentially generate for Jagan ahead of the by-polls to 18 Assembly constituencies.
The "timing" of the summons and the freezing of bank accounts could not be lost on the political observers.
Jagan`s party, the YSR Congress, is the clear favourite in the by-elections and hence, obviously, is the prime target both for the ruling Congress and the principal opposition Telugu Desam, they say.
The political compulsions are more for the Congress to stop Jagan`s juggernaut in the by-elections, lest its government will be in peril two years ahead of its original term.
Hence, it is employing every trick in its bag to rein in Jagan and thereby his YSR Congress, the observers feel.
Jagan`s rise could spell doom for the TDP in the future, as it happened in the past (2009) when the erstwhile Praja Rajyam Party proved its nemesis.
Hence, the TDP too would like to see the back of Jagan.
Both the parties are going ahead only with a single-point agenda of targeting Jagan personally. Aiding these parties is the ongoing media war in the state that has left the scene completely polarised.
The prevailing scenario only exposes the Congress whose game plan could well backfire while the TDP could be caught in the crossfire.
The wave of support that Jagan (and Sakshi media) got following the freezing of bank accounts is being seen as a pointer to the things to come in the by-elections and also the political changes that it brings about.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?