CBI again questions BCCI chief in Jagan case
Hyderabad: BCCI chief and India Cements Managing Director N Srinivasan on Saturday appeared before the CBI for the second time in connection with the disproportionate assets cases against YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy.
He had deposed before the CBI earlier this week on Monday also.
Sleuths of the central probe agency had questioned Srinivasan at the Dilkusha Guest House here.
CBI is probing the alleged investments made by Srinivasan`s company India Cements in the firms promoted by the Kadapa MP during the tenure of his father YS Rajasekhara Reddy as Andhra Pradesh chief minister, the sources said.
Some other cement companies are also likely to be asked about water and limestone allocations made to them during Rajasekhara Reddy`s tenure.
The CBI, in its three chargesheets filed against Jagan and others, has alleged that he and his father hatched a conspiracy to defraud the government, and the state government granted some favours to certain firms, which made investments in Jagan`s businesses as a quid pro quo.
Jagan is currently in judicial custody till June 25 and has been questioned by the CBI.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city